I finally got my Crisis of Conscience book

by Nicolas 12 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Soemthing I always tell JW's when recomending to them to read these books...

1) It's really good to know the information circulating around out there, so you don't get caught off guard at the doors. People are way more educated now than ever before, they are asking tougher questions. You can just kind of skim over the material if you want, you don't have to read it all in depth.

2)While it is true that Ray Franz and Carl Johnsson and others like them were disfellowshipped at the time their books were published, it is also true that their works wer compiled while they were still elder/GB and so on. The Watchtower, after all, does not mind quoting from Solomon's works even tho it is known he died apostate.

3)Barbara Grizutti Harrison was never disfellowshipped.

stuff like that. I am running at like 60 % success rate so far, and after I refine my techniques a litte, I expect to do even better.

• spender
    spender

very good suggestions dungbeetle. I'll try to use some of those myself. Lizardsnot also makes a good point that everyone who has read the book has seen...Franz definitely does stick to facts and doesn't try to make any mean jabs and the GB (like not mentioning that one of the GB members "stepped down" after it was known (or rumored to be known) that he was a pedophile).

• DIM
    DIM

Franz's books were pretty good, but the 2nd one was a little preachy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit