Reza Aslan (author, "Zealot: the life and times of Jesus of Nazareth") interview on TYT

by adamah 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

I I just started reading the book today and it is so far a great read. Learning quite a bit about the Jewish religion and way of life right now.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I've read some, but a lot more I'd like to read. for example I have read FromJewish Prophet to Gentile God by Maurice Casey, which I think is one of the best books on early Christology, but I've still got his more recent book on the historical Jesus sitting on the shelf unread:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jesus-Nazareth-Independent-Historians-Teaching/dp/0567645177/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376758429&sr=1-1&keywords=Maurice+casey

Adamah you sound like you're really interested in biblical studies. It's a shame you weren't on the forum when Narkissos, Leolaia and others were still posting. They had some great discussions.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It sounds like a rehash of information that is out there, but I think the criticism of him shows why an author who is a believer, whether in Jesus or Mohammed, is not viewed well; he is perceived to have a bias.

In this case, he is seen as debunking Jesus but he is also an active Muslim, which diminishes his credibility, especially in the eyes of Fox News and it's dunderheaded audience, who won't bother to read his book or any other that suggests Jesus is not the son of god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit