Are foreign-language groups at a disadvantage when learning TTATT?

by ILoveTTATT 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Here's an example:

The Watchtower Library CD in Spanish only goes back to Watchtowers of 1970. This means that, for example, www.ajwrb.org 's info regarding blood can only be confirmed in articles from then onward. English-speaking JW's can access information on Watchtowers going back to 1950. This means that the "Worship Jesus" article (1954) is not available, the "We officially ban organ transplants" (1967) is not available, etc.

Congregations in the U.S. and Canada have had Witnesses since... well... the beginning. Most KH libraries have very old books; it is relatively easy to find books going back to the very first Watchtower!! (I have noticed that Golden Age magazines are among the hardest to find)...

If I am not mistaken, the Kingdom Interlinear is only in English (I have never seen one in Spanish).

Also, for example, the CodexSinaiticus.org website (which would prove to people the fact that YHWH does not appear in the NT), most Wikipedia articles that are important to TTATT, and other resources are not found in Spanish.

So, many things in TTATT are in English and English ONLY!

I think that presentation, accuracy, and verifiability (not allowing for denial) are KEY INGREDIENTS in an anti-JW website! I dabbled for many years in reading these websites, only to exit very quickly when I noticed even the slightest aparent inaccuracy. The JW mind (or at least, my JW mindset) is designed to shut down as soon as they see an inaccuracy, because it confirms in their mind what the WT says about "half-truths" said in anti-JW websites.

Many of the Spanish anti-JW websites are of very poor quality. I have yet to find an equivalent to jwfacts.com or ajwrb.org in Spanish.

Of course, there are some really bad anti-JW websites in English, ones that go a little too overzealous and do not use facts.

Anyone else have an insight on this for other languages?

ILTTATT

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Absolutely. I am a Spanish interpreter and had much interaction with the Spanish congregations in the area and even contemplated moving over to one. There is virtually no way for them to find out TTATT unless they speak AND read English which a vast majority in this area cannot. It is a very insulated community with families speaking only Spanish especially with older family members. I am extremely close friends with a woman who has been studying with witnesses for yrs. I have been completely upfront with about my leaving and several reasons why. She said she will forever refuse to shun me. I am hoping she sees it for what it is...

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

As in my case, if you served in an "appointed position", learning the TTATT is not hard. The politics is the same no matter what language you are a part of.

Too many years of that and my eyes were opened and I was moved to question. The outcome? The JW's DO NOT have the truth, nor does any particular religion.

CoC

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

CoC: Thanks for your input!! What group were you a part of?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

No problem. I won't reveal what I was a part of here. But all I will say is that I have experienced it firsthand and my eyes are open.

I am currently in fader status I guess. But definitely inactive on all counts.

CoC

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ILoveTTATT, How good is your Spanish? You can always volunteer to jwfacts.com (and other reputable websites like watchtowerdocuments.com and jwsurvey.org) to translate webpages to Spanish.

By the way are you anti-JW, anti-Watchtower, or for empowering JWs to critically think for themselves? I prefer to use empowering JWs because it promotes a more positive image of helping JWs. If the Watchtower loses while empowering JWs, too bad.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I speak Spanish at a "native level". I already volunteered to jwfacts.com... I guess I will start there. I used the word anti-JW because I dislike the word apostate. It just carries such a negative connotation for me. I guess that we are apostates in the "dictionary sense" of the word, but I feel like I am insulting people when I use the word apostate. I don't like thinking of myself like that. Guess I have to work on the vestigial mind control.

Thanks

ILTTATT

• juanvazquez88
    juanvazquez88

Hello, can you please tell me where that "worship jesus" article are in the library??

saludos desde mexico

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Juan Vasquez:

I give you my favorite WOW I would have never expected to see that in the WT Library:

*** w54 5/15 p. 318 Questions From Readers ***

It is because the glorified Jesus Christ acts as the appointed representative of Jehovah God that worship must go to God through him, even on the part of the angels. This explains why Psalm 97:7 and Deuteronomy 32:43, which, according to their context, evidently refer to Jehovah God, are applied by the writer of Hebrews to Jehovah’s Son Jesus Christ. The Son of God is Jehovah’s High Priest, hence subordinate to Jehovah God; but as High Priest according to the likeness of Melchizedek the glorified Jesus Christ leads all creation in the worship of Jehovah God. Hence worship of all creation must go to the one living and true God Jehovah through him. In the present-time fulfillment of Deuteronomy 32:43 and Psalm 97:7, the High Priest Jesus Christ acts as the direct representative for his Father Jehovah and, therefore, Hebrews 1:6 properly involves Jesus Christ glorified in the application of these scriptures. Well, then, since the angels are commanded to worship the glorified Jesus at his second coming, should not we, who, as humans, are so much less than angels, likewise worship him? In answer we say, We must render to him what God’s Word says we must.

This is, unfortunately, as far as I know, NOT on the Spanish WT Library. They wrote this article in response to the fact that Hebrews 1:6 in the 1961 NWT had "worship" instead of "do obeisance".

It is logical that Paul would have used "worship" since he is quoting from a verse in the Septuagint in Deuteronomy 32:43. The context obviously indicates that Deuteronomy is talking about "Jehovah"... If the original quote used "proskuneo" and is translated as "worship" because it is referring to Jehovah, why on earth would the SAME word, quoted from a verse that refers to Jehovah, when referring to Jesus, is now translated as "do obeisance"? Send me a PM if you want to participate in a translating project. How good is your English? ILTTATT
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

ILoveTTATT - I guess that we are apostates in the "dictionary sense" of the word, but I feel like I am insulting people when I use the word apostate. I don't like thinking of myself like that. Guess I have to work on the vestigial mind control.

Hi ILoveTTATT, Have you thought about calling your self a Christian, Atheist, Theist, agnostic, and/or non-JW? To me the GB are hipocrites and apostates because of how they are trying to be the mediator between non-annoited JWs and God.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit