$300,000,000 - Percentage YOU Would Donate To WTS?

by Derrick 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

You buy a state lottery ticket with a motherlode of a jackpot similar to one in California recently.

Lo and behold you alone WIN the $300,000,000.

Before and after the next meeting you share your joy with the brothers and sisters. Some are naturally curious to know what percentage you plan on donating to the world wide preaching work and local congregation?

How do you respond?

What do you decide to do with your winnings?

Just curious to get a sort of demographic snap shot of the kind of personalities on Simon's board! Afterall, the saying goes that money talks and something else walks! ;-)

Derrick

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

-- William Blake (Auguries of Innocence)

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'd donate every penny to the Society. That way I wouldn't have to pay any taxes.

AlanF

• ISP
    ISP

I wouldn't go to the next meeting....

ISP

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I know they would do so much good with it and help people like, erm ... well, they could sell more books ...

Nah, I'd be off to a beach somewhere with bikini babes ...

I'd setup a company to give good, gainful employment to people who wanted to work and plough any profits back in to keep it going.

• Simon
    Simon

oh, and I'd call Britney

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

NOTTA-ZERO-ZILCH !!! They do not believe in gambling and could not accept money that came from it. I would'nt be at a meeting anyhow to share my good fortune with them!!!!

• elbobbo
    elbobbo

I'd give them nothing at all. I'd have a nice new house, cars, and stuff to fill it all up with. I'd also donate a large chunk of it to diabetes research but I must admit that's somewhat selfish as I'm diabetic myself.

• Dawn
    Dawn

They'd probably announce my disfellowshipping at the next meeting due to my gambling (which is forbidden). Therefore - I wouldn't have to share a dime since they're shunning me and can't ask for any

If I wasn't DF'd - I wouldnt donate a dime anyways - I never did.

But I would give to my favorite charities - kid's charities!!

• TMS
    TMS

Derrick,

I would suggest that the WTBS avail themselves of appropriate government assistance for which they qualify, perhaps the SBA, for example.

Practical suggestions would be given to the GB with respect to disposal of large, unnecessary real estate holdings, stocks, bonds and other assets.

Surely, these loving suggestions from a mature brother would be well received.

TMS

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

I would personally underwrite 10% of their budget to help widows, orphans, and the poor. The program they have that's not a PR front, and not tied into proselytizing.

So, 0%.

Jesus said 'you will always have the poor with you' - and if everyone did for the poor what the WTS does, this will look like a fulfilled prophecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit