Jehovah's Witnesses: If the 144,000 were not defiled by women, does that not make them ALL men?

by I_love_Jeff 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

and unmarried, of course, since they are all virgins?

Since you are taking this all literally, perhaps you need to re-read the verses carefully.

If parts of this verse are to be taken figuratively then how do you determine the number, 144,000 to be literal?

Women=symbolic for government
    144,000=real number of MEN (anointed) who will be in Heaven

How do the Jehovah's Witnesses determine which is real and which is symbolic? Strange reasoning indeed.

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

I posted this question on Yahoo Answers by the way. This is meant for Jehovah's Witnesses and Ex Witnesses on here : )

• sspo
    sspo

It's not good to argue with GB.......they are directed by Jehovah....they claim!!!

• prologos
    prologos

144 000 can be thought of as exact, because it is shown to be made up of smaller numbers 12x12000 again of literally named tribes -Dan ; -Ephraim but

+Josep + Levi, all llteral persons. Rev.7

Since the Revelation is supposed to happen now, in the "Lords Day" since 1914 !,

and woman legally marry woman, what is the problem with the lady virgins?

The 144 K practised abstinence, either from bliss or the governments, UN, their choice.

If it really matters.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

what a crock!

• mP
    mP

@prologos

Women have been marrying women for thousands of years. Same goes for men and men.

• prologos
    prologos

news to me, but it must be true to make Rev 14 work.

if it all is real and matters.

• mP
    mP

More proof revelation is talking about Nero...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbian_marriage

Medieval

A same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro Díaz and Muño Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on 16 April 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova. [70]

The first Roman emperor to have married a man was Nero , who is reported to have married two other men on different occasions. His first marriage was with one of his freedmen , Pythagoras , to whom Nero took the role of the bride. Later, as a groom, Nero married a young boy who resembled one of his concubines. [64] named Sporus in a very public ceremony with all the solemnities of matrimony, and lived with him as his spouse. A friend gave the "bride" away as required by law. The marriage was celebrated separately in both Greece and Rome in extravagant public ceremonies. [65]
  • Fernando
    Fernando

Great catch in the OP title!

From a spiritual perspective I have come to conclude "women" here means any and all "religion" which is indeed a snare and a racket.

The same as "harlot" and "wine" in the context of exposing her (Babylon's) spiritual blindness, confusion, inebriation, nakedness, fornication and insanity.

Exposing religion and revealing its antithesis and nemesis (the unabridged gospel): Unveiling/Revelation/Apocalypse/Armageddon.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Jethro
    Jethro

If the WBTS insist that the 144, 000 are male Jehovah's Witnesses then they all have to be Jews. For the 144, 000 are from the tribes of Israel. But they do not teach this so they are false prophets. I don't listen to them myself. I prefer to follow the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit