Private meetings banned??

by franticfran 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

OnTheWayOut:

It's a word game.

Absolutely. But if they want to play word games, so can others.

If some nosy elder says that someone has made an accusation about 'independent Bible study groups', just tell them you had some close friends around for dinner/coffee/whatever. It's really none of their business what people happen to talk about, and they're probably just jealous that they weren't invited.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Watchtower-Free:

NO INDEPENDENT STUDY
    Does "the faithful and discreet slave" endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?-Matt. 24:45, 47.

Please note that "NO INDEPENDENT STUDY" did not actually appear in the material provided in the quoted Our Kingdom Ministry.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Yes Jeffro, those brothers mentioned in C of C said it was their own business, what was discussed at a private dinner and yowza, they were kicked out so fast their heads were spinning. WT thinks all business is THEIR business, LOL!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Iown Mylife:

Yes Jeffro, those brothers mentioned in C of C said it was their own business, what was discussed at a private dinner and yowza, they were kicked out so fast their heads were spinning.

There's no need to actually say, "it's none of your business". You could just say there was an informal 'gathering' for 'association' (they like that word). Keep it informal. They're looking for a 'defensive' reaction. Don't give them one.

• franticfran
    franticfran

Agree with all of the above! It got so bad in the end that one brother I knew became so worried that someone would misrepresent him that he would tape shepherding calls!! Can you believe that? Time to get out eh? By the way,if the headline doesnt say "No independent study" what does it say?? I used to keep all of the old wt and awakes and km but I stopped years ago but am I right in thinking that these "old" articles are no longer available on the "official" wt site? So if you did need to check anything you couldnt anyway,do any of you keep old articles and how is it you all seem to have this information? Am I missing out on something? Come on...tell all

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

franticfran:

By the way,if the headline doesnt say "No independent study" what does it say??

It just says "Question box" followed by the main question in bold.

So if you did need to check anything you couldnt anyway,do any of you keep old articles and how is it you all seem to have this information?

Our Kingdom Ministry is not included on the website version of the 'Library' (which only has other publications back to 2000), but it's on the Watchtower Library on CD-ROM.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

If the Beroeans were alive today they would be disfellowshipped as apostates.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

The statement "No independent study " were my words for my records .

As shown on the 2012 CD Watchtower library .

Its says at the top of the page

"Question Box
    ? Does “the faithful and discreet slave” endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?—Matt. 24:45, 47.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Can we see this, only because we have stepped away from this organization? You know, if you would present this info to a Witness in the guise of "some religions" control their people like this, or "some cults or high control groups" have this in their rules, they would probably shake their heads. In fact, isn't that the very thing they encourage new ones to do, to examine their church and compare it to the WT? Yet, even if they read a KM with instructions to them to NOT explore anything other than JW literature, they can't see it as a red flag. How ludicrous that if you are to explore a religion or belief system that you would only use their literature or writings to do so. Otherwise intelligent people who are Witnesses find nothing wrong with this and would not dream of reading anything other than JW literature. I really don't get it, and I am speaking from personal experience about so many of my family members still in. I suppose its years of repetitive brain washing. Makes me sad.

• besty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit