Personal Paradigm Shifts

by freeflyingfaerie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Don't feel dogmatic about too many things...maybe feel that it just 'isn't for me'...at least for right now (lol)...

Yes I feel just the same fff - I love your name by the way.

The continual personal paradigm shifts, yes we used to feel like we were breaking through a pane of glass each time.

I still get them but not so often but as long as I can still change my mind I know I am still alive.

Take care.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Most of my shifts actually occurred when I was still in.

Probably contributed to my exit.

• poopieskoopie
    poopieskoopie

Flying fairy said-

That quote "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" sounds like a bunch of malarkey...as if a person should find a a belief, any belief and squeeze it tight; maybe I'm in observation mode

Cool Beans. According to Witness beliefs and records some as young as 6 get baptized. How can anyone that is 6 decide what is real and what is not real. You're in a good spot and yes the quote is a bit of bullshit. What it is really saying is I MUST DEFEND WHAT I THINK IS REAL!!!! Why can't people just sit back and enjoy the ride???

• darth frosty
  • freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Fernando~ truly (and I mean that )

Xanthippe~ thanks, about the name

as long as I can still change my mind I know I am still alive.

one of the best things about being a human is this freedom

Vidiot~ Most of my shifts actually occurred when I was still in

That's interesting.

poopie~ According to Witness beliefs and records some as young as 6 get baptized. How can anyone that is 6 decide what is real and what is not real.

personally, I think 6 yr olds may be closer to what's 'real' than many 'mature' people. Yes it is tragic that some so young are basiclly forced to make a decision ('stand for something' that they don't really understand fully) that will affect the entire course of their lives

darth frosty~ Rumi is amazing, beautiful

"human beings are waking up...global paradigm shift"

awareness is contagious...a good epidemic...

spread organically, even without direct contact

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

These four chaps helped me a lot, maybe hear them together at this link

http://youtu.be/uUg-1NCCowc

and check their books out...

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Sweet. I will hear them out, thank you!

Reading philosophers/scientists/psychologists/etc is mind-expanding over and over again

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Let me know how you get on, these guys do debates all over the world, i think i have heatd every one, i love them,

Hitchens is my favourite, he died last year and i miss him dearly....

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

On the subject of religion/athiesm..it's all about intellectual honesty

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" ~~Gandhi

Some points that I liked in that video of those four:

~religious people have a 'constant crisis of faith' (having to incessantly reaffirm through mantra, prayers, acts of devotion..)

They articulated what I was thinking as I left the religion: Why is holding onto this religion so damn hard?! Always having to learn how to reason from the scriptures defend the hogwash, always drilling the teachings into our heads. If it was all so true, there shouldn't be such fear that the faith could be so easily shaken

~ religious people can take on the attitude 'I believe it because its ridiculous...the iimpossibility of it is the thing that makes it more believable..'

I felt that way too, as if who would question such fantastic stories and miracles...("you just can't make this s@#t up")

~'all religions are equally dangerous because belief in it is a surrender of the mind, casting aside a person's faculty of reason' and that 'if a religion doesn't seem to pose an actual threat to society (violent acts, ect), they equally hold potential threats because of their lack of reason

~ 'where the human race took its worst turn is when a few people...reestablished...the cult of yaweh over...philosophy etc (hellenistic progress..) and that christianity is a plagarism of that..'

That inspires a history tangent

• Glander
    Glander

But in all of this, I never tire of these epiphanies and spontaneous feelings of gratefulness and love.

Does anyone else out there experience this ?

Maybe if you would quit hoggin' the bong and pass it around I might get me some spontaneous feelings of grateful looove.

I've had some epiphanies but they were very momentary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit