Why Still Go?

by Thoughtless 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

For those who are disfellowshipped or DA'd, why do you guys still go to the Kingdom Hall? I am just curious to the fact, because if they are teaching falsehood, why partake in it? I mean, you do not have to maintain appearances any longer, so what is your motivation or reason? I don't want to come off as condescending or critical, it is just a sincere question.

• clarity
    clarity

Thoughtless .........oh yeah it does make me wonder too, why an

adult would take that abuse the congregation hands out!

>

Even if they get back in, ......no one will forget thier "misconduct"!

Forget a whole lot of social life! It is over! Grovel City.

clarity

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Thoughtless:

Think about why they make "apostasy" such a big deal, almost to the point of being unforgivable! Here's two scenarios to think about:

1. A born-in JW gets a girlfriend. Then one night, as normal human beings, passion takes over and they sleep together. She ends up pregnant, they decide to go to the elders and they are disfellowshipped. They truly believe they are in the "truth" and believe they have done wrong.

2. A person learns about the changed Bible, how they have changed their viewpoint about the blood |doctrine", how they fit the definition of a high control group and they fit the definition of a damaging cult... etc etc...in short, they learn the truth about the "truth".

Which one of them will go back? Which one of them, if it is possible for them to leave, will never go back?

Think about that!

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

TRUEE. I was really aiming at the DF'd or DA'd ones. I KNOW that there must be some who know the TTATT and must still be going to the Hall.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Usually because they are trying to reconnect with family. But if family are that conditional, why bother?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I really doubt if you are DA/DF and know the TTATT you would go for any other reason than getting back in touch with your family.

Plenty have gotten reinstated while knowing its all bull, I guess holy sprit is only 67.4% reliable.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

For those who are disfellowshipped or DA'd, why do you guys still go to the Kingdom Hall?

I have seen few that know the TATT go back after being d/f'd - as you say , there is no point.

However, those d/f'd for other reasons often go back because they really are repentent and want the life again. Contrary to what you say, they can make a success of it again. Some just need the family, and then either stop again and fade or just keep up a token service.

Some of us have successfully faded and just go along to support family who need company and a moral support when things are not easy. It is something, the only thing, that my wife and I can do together on a Sunday . It keeps our marriage going. The Elders largely ignore me.

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

I go there just to stumble others, and cause some few discomfort i.e I always don't seat at the back, visit the toilet often, wait till the end of every meeting and don't sing any song, then visit the magz stand and endeavor to greet one or two persons on the way out! The elders once called me about it, and I told them the don't-greet laws bound their members and not me, so maybe they could announce it on the platform for them not to greet me and I could record it and sue their asses! And I do get inspirations (likely from the boredom and annoyance) for writing poems that reveal who JWs truly are when at the meetings. I am gonna name them Poems From the Kingdumb Hell. At my home congo, where they hardly practise the shunning thing, I just go for the solidarity and to get family off my back! If I can help it, I don't go at all and go to church instead where I can at least dance to my heart satisfaction since there are no party's on Sunday

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Thoughtless:

I only have myself to worry about.

When I realized that I could no longer, in good conscience, go around knocking on doors and telling people this religion was "truth", I knew it was OVER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit