Awake Magazine : An Agnostic’s Review

by Bangalore 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

There are a lot of these dissections of Watchtower and Awake articles popping up on the internet, and most are very good. Each one I have read has made quite a mockery of how illogical the magazines are. Pity JW's cannot comprehend basic logic. Here are a few quotes I liked:

After this there is an example of someone who used to have fairly normal beliefs but now believes ‘a time will come when there will be no injustice on this planet, when all humans are truly equal.’

I love how they note that becoming a JW means leaving normal behind.

Then there is a big chunk of text full of bible quotes that really fails to hang together as any sort of logic.

lol

I asked if he could explain all the suffering in the world and why his ‘God’ seems to have done nothing about all that. Which seems at best idle or ineffectual or an extreme failure to exist. At worst a cruel or uncaring omnipotent being unworthy of our love. He could only offer ‘God moves in mysterious ways.’ which explains nothing. ‘Jehovah’ is teaching us a lesson for Adam and Eve allowing Satan to question his right to rule. Satan has been allowed to rule the earth since then. Let that be a lesson to us. Apparently we should never question anything or the whole planet will be punished for it. For millennia. Bit harsh eh? Seems a poor way to run a world to me.

That sums up the problem with the JW teaching of why God allows wickedness very well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit