Nightmares when active JW

by MissConfused 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

I remember when i was active, i would constantly get nightmares regarding armageddon.. Used to wake up so many times at night watch my window, pray hard and try to go to sleep. Now i wonder that this Organization was really succcessful in making people scared to death about 'current system of things', but why would anyone do that? Why would anyone want to bring division in families, make hate speeches, scare people to death, etc? Glad i am out and can see the bigger picture and not having nightmares again..!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I used to have the same nightmares and when I saw a large American flag I would get really scared.

No nightmares since leaving the cult and I pledge allegiance to the flag now.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Sounds like PTSD

• Splash
    Splash

As a child I was always fearful when there was a big thunderstorm, thinking it must be armageddon.

Splash

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

On a another forum Lee Marsh had a very good article on PTSD and how it relates to Wt. Cult. Totally ADD

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

It was indeed PTSD! I read about it and i realized! I wish i can save my family members from this cult :(

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now I have bad dreams about being at a boasting session or in field circus, or having jokehovian witlesses hosting a field circus meeting or book study in my home while I have some nice Christmas decorations still up.

• tiki
    tiki

i still have armageddon nightmares........it is so deeply ingrained.....

• Londo111
    Londo111

Read Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan. It will then all make sense.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It's like they say "garbage in....garbage out"

It's only natural for your dreams to be affected by what you dwell on during the day. Attending Apocalypse Hunting Seminars 3 times a week since childhood was enough to leave me with severe unexplained anxiety for decades. It dissapeared within weeks of leaving the Organization.

Not A Coincidence !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit