Old 1920's watchtower about people flying in 'the new system?'

by Joliette 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jam
    jam

Did I miss something, did Adam and Eve fly?

Maybe this is the time when the new books are open.

I wonder will snakes walk again. Flying don't interest me

I'm afraid of heights. LOL

• VM44
    VM44

The article was "Negative Gravitation" written by M.L. Adams and published in the March 24th, 1926 issue of The Golden Age.

• cedars
    cedars

Clayton J. Woodworth, who co-wrote the Finished Mystery, was responsible for most of the crazy stuff printed in the Golden Age during the 1920s, including the bizarre crusade against aluminium.

Pre-Freddie Franz, Woodworth was Watchtower's "go to" crazy guy for printed nonsense.

[edit post: VM44: "The article was "Negative Gravitation" written by M.L. Adams and published in the March 24th, 1926 issue of The Golden Age." ....although we apparently can't pin this on him!]

Cedars

• jam
    jam

Interesting read "Black people will turn white as they

near perfection" posted 2008 here. Subject "Can the Ethiopian

change his skin?" So funny, the mentality in those days (1904-1926).

Well I guess much have not changed since those days ( the mentality

of the average JW).

• VM44
    VM44

Stream of Time was published by a M.L. Adams of Houston, Texas. I am not sure if it was a book or a periodical.

He possible could have been be the same person who wrote the "Negative Gravitation" article.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you guys. Thats excatly what I was looking for, 'The quiet one.' Yeah the watchtowers were nuts back then. Still are today they just do in a poltically correct kinda way.

• prologos
    prologos

Isaiah40:31"--they will mount up with wings like eagles--" not like hummingbirds, like eagles with outstretched wings, riding the rising air.

The worst command for the new world: "THOU shall not build airplanes, or commit levitation"

all a nice fantasy, we do not have to wait for the never coming NW, we are flying now. In so many ways.

wt illustrations have shown sail BOATS but never sail PLANES

the NW will really be a step backward glad those neo-middle ages will never happen the way WT dreams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit