Petition in England: "Ban Jehovah's Witnesses!" - (HM Government)

by Oubliette 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I stumbled upon this on a Hungarian ex-JW blog.

Does anyone in the UK know anything about this?

Petition

Of course JWs will just see this at "proof" that "The is near!"

• cedars
    cedars

100,000 signatures is a hard enough goal to hit without using words like "ban," "cult" and "brainwashing."

It's a shame a bit more thought couldn't have gone into the wording.

Cedars

• Gayle
    Gayle

In most countries, the government won't ban a religion. However, if there's a way to ban a "behavior," like U.S. banned plural marriages on the LDS/Mormons. Exposures of the handful of negative practices of the WTS is needed the most.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

A ban will never happen in England or the US or Western Europe. Might have a chance in China or Russia or Cuba. Shunning for example is a form of descrimination based on religion and if it impacts you financially you may have a basis for litigation.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

We need a petition them, asking them to reconsider their status as a charity

• Londo111
    Londo111

I believe any sort of ban would be counterproductive. It would feed the persecution complex, especially worldwide. I’m all in favor of revoking the tax exempt status of the Watchtower however.

• distantsun
    distantsun

dont believe a ban would work in the uk jw s are generally well thought of in general and people would be suspicous of those seeking one

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The idea of a petiton to examine their claim to be a Charity is an excellent one, 100,000 signatures and something would have to be done.

Hit 'em where it hurts, their bottom line.

• cedars
    cedars

snare&racket

We need a petition them, asking them to reconsider their status as a charity

We tried that last year but couldn't get enough signatures.

That said, anyone would be welcome to try again!

Cedars

• distantsun
    distantsun

interesting phizzy , bring the books out and show the figures then we would all know ,but that idea could backfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit