“The Watchtower Is A Vicious, Pompous, Vindictive, Arrogant.Book Printing Business.” (author unknown)

by Narcissistic Supply 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

“The Watchtower Is A Vicious, Pompous, Vindictive, Arrogant….Book Printing Business.” (author unknown).

So what. You can spend your mornings watching any number of YouTube Videos that will absolutely make your blood boil. Or you can wake up and think and talk about and dream about ways of saving the children of jeho witnesses by intervening with love, and kindness, and happyness, and issues of community, and issues of social learning. You can spend your time thinking about talking about dreaming about….all the ways you can help these children. Who really are the victims in all of this. Yes it’s a cult. Yes it’s an angry and unconscionable group think that has taken on a life of it’s own. Yes it does appeal to some personality types. But yes it is very damaging. Yes it is very controlling. Yes it does impair and alter the life cycle of the children, the family, and anyone associated with the family. It doesn’t have to to be that way. Education will help. Action will help. Thinking about talking about dreaming about the things you want in this world can help. We are all in this together. We all have to take responsibility for our brother. God Bless you all. I am praying for this today.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Ok...but tell us how you really feel :)

but seriously, I don't think we pray enough for those trapped in this controlling cult.

• sspo
    sspo

"I don't think we pray enough for those trapped in this controlling cult". Funny statement....Why do we need to ask God....I thought he sees and hears all things and he's a just and righteous God. Why can't he intervene? Do we have to force him with our prayers? Just a thought!!!

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

sspo asks "...he's a just and righteous God. Why can't he intervene?"

Because he doesn't exist?

• prologos
    prologos

or because religion is not his/her field of interest?

he* refuses to dignify that human enterprise by getting involved?

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Vanderhoven7”:

“I don't think we pray enough for those trapped in this controlling cult.”

I agree that we should have the desire and interest that those trapped in the cult, especially the children, are able to at least see their way out of that evil, man-made, legalistic forest. But in order for them to actually find an exit point, they need to have the simple truth about the so-called “truth” presented to them in one form or another for them to actually see it.

Prayer is a good self-motivation technique, but I think that we should also try doing something simple to allow those still inside the Watchtower prison to see the overall logic involved and be caused to wake up. And to that end, I think that there are some simple things we can do:

For those of us who have been lucky enough to find our own way out but have family still in, we can send a very brief letter with some appropriate Web links, such as http://www.jwfacts.com, http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/archive.htm, http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com, http://www.ajwrb.org, etc., and perhaps enclose a very brief printout of some pertinent information for them personally to consider.

For any one of us, whether still in or not, we can very carefully disseminate a large volume of small, folded slips of paper which say something like, “Are You a Jehovah’s Witness? Pick me up” on the front-facing side, and then inside something like, “Do you have nagging questions about the Watchtower doctrines and policies? Are you perplexed by the ever-changing teachings and stance of the organization’s leadership? If so, then you owe it to yourself to at least consider the following facts:,” and finally, a short list of Web sites, such as the ones mentioned above. These could be covertly left in the kingdom hall on top of the toilets, in the cleaning supply room, the cloakroom, or in the parking lot. (Extreme care would have to be exercised, as many kingdom halls now have extensive surveillance systems which continuously record footage from multiple points!) And, of course, such little gems can also be scattered around public parks, public washrooms, bus stops, etc. I know it may be a tiny bit of littering, but that would be far outweighed by the benefits. First, it would serve as a warning to anyone who might be tempted to indulge the JWs when they call at their door, and second, it could provide that little wedge that might pry open a JWs mind and actually let some light in there. Of course, secretly leaving such little slips of paper at the kingdom hall would no doubt result in some interesting but strategic discussions being initiated among the JWs. (I.e., “Brother/sister so-and-so, look what I found on the floor in the washroom stall. It must be from some apostate. I wonder why someone would leave such a thing in there? . . . . hmm . . . . look at these Websites listed here . . . .”) You never know.

There has to be something tangible that can be done to help wake folks up. Prayer is positive, but so are real and clever actions!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

SAHS

I like your practical approach and your well worded suggestions. I remember reading about a gentleman sitting on a crowded bus. When an obviously pregnant woman got on the bus he felt sorry for her and prayed she would find a seat. Then he realized he was sitting on the answer to his prayer.

I have had opportunity to meet with JWs on a number of occasions in the homes of individuals who requested help/protection. I also debate Witnesses on Christian forums such as "Adult Christian Forum" not only or especially for their benefit, but also for those newer Christians who might be influenced by their teachings and apparent "superior" knowledge. I also have 5 or 6 videos on UTube exposing the unbiblical nature of their religion (Vandehoven7 channel).

Thanks for your encouraging post.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Praying for those in the WT cult will help about as much as those who are trying to "pray the gay away", in other words, not at all.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Action is important.

The "Be Attitudes"
    from the Sermon on the Mount

Blessed are the poor in spirit:
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thrist after righteousness:
    for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers:
    for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake:
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye,
    when men shall revile you, and persecute you,
    and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad:
    for great is your reward in heaven:
    for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Ye are the salt of the earth:
    but if they salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
    it is thenceforth good for nothing,
    but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Ye are the light of the world.
    A city that is set on an hill cannnot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel,
    but on a candlestick; and it giveth light
    unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men,
    that they may see your good works,
    and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

St. Matthew 5:3-16

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The great power of prayer is quite often to concentrate ones mind upon the problem, as Vanderhoven's example of the man on the 'bus shows.

The danger would be to pray to the God you believe in, and then leave it up to Him, nothing will happen then, but certainly, praying, and then acting upon those prayers can only do good.

I do agree we need to be more proactive in any way we can, the JW's live in a bubble, it needs bursting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit