Catholic priest condemns & blasts Watchtower Society...

by Newly Enlightened 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

With English subtitles. I found this interesting that the Catholics are blasting WTBT$ and demanding the WTBT$ recall their misquoted information from the Reasoning Book under subheading of 'cross':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXyBTrrh53U&list=WLGr2QSzwT6b2gioU9Xsths1r7q0qKc_Mb

• Partisan
    Partisan

Listening to Catholics and Jehovahs Witnesses attack each other's "reasonings" is an exercise in futility that would make Nietzsche weep.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Damn, I am at work, but seeing two twins fight is always funny. It's usually hotter if they were lesbian though.

• designs
    designs

I imagine selling Crosses is a nice buiness for the Church mmmm Sticks not so much.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Considering its own history the Catholic Church has no basis to be condemning any other religion for anything (Inquisition or Crusade, anyone?). However, in this instance, Catholic priest or not, he makes two very valid points: 1) The WTS is hypocritical for being an NGO with the UN (and now the UN's European counter-part, the OSCE), and 2) it's misrepresentation of material in the "Reasoning" book to support WT's own theology.

To your point, Partisan, it is rather laughable to watch the CC and WT go at it, wasting time arguing over who's silly doctrines, dark history and fictitious god is superior to the other's.

Thanks for posting Newly Enlightened. Interesting video.

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Nice find. When did Le Monier write to them?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I'm not sure. But it would be interesting to see, if the Reasong book is the next to disappear mysteriously

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I met a lot of RC priests who were Jesuits or other orders that view other religious traditions as valid as Christianity. Christianity is not exclusive. I heard this routinely, with rolled eyes about the Vatican, and many Roman Catholic beliefs. I thought this was normal RC behavior b/c I had no comparison. I wanted to convert and a few Roman Catholics staged an intervention to stop me.

Catholic priests stirred up the most despicable persecution against Witnesses. No RC priest should ever even hint at bad things in other religions. I don't think it is Roman Catholic doctrine as much as being the political, social, economic, and spiritual monopoly for Western Europe. People wo do missions abroad know the hatred of native RCs against the church. It very rarely stood for any thing decent in Europe over the course of centuries. The Church brutalized ordinary people more than kings did. Think Martin Luther never intending to form the Lutheran Church. Galileo, The Inauisition which tortured and murdered many thousands. Hundreds of thousands might be accurate.

I finally read a tome about RC and Jews. My brain kept freaking out the grossest crimes against individual Jews by the RC Church. Yet the RC church could not function without Jewish financial services. Christianity could not function without Jews. It was not b/c Jews are misers, money lovers more than any ethnic group. It was simply because loaning money was criminal for Christians. Many times kings and queens decided all Jews must leave a country where they are flourishing within a few days. They leave with massive emotional and economic losses. After a short while, the Pope and the kings and queens give special audiences to Jewish leaders to beg them to come back.

I only know my culture well. When we had boring bus trips to campaign, attend rock concerts, whatever the boredom was unbearable. We sang rounds, had Star Trek jokes contests, and very advanced Star Trek trivia stumpers, Beatles, Dylan, Stones, and WHO sing a longs. Sometimes we would have a contest on who was the most abused. It starts out funny with everyone on the bus having fun. This is one game at which I can excel. I never would blurt too personal details on a bus full of people but I can generalize. The JW part gives me great stories. Delivery of the story counts. The audience decides by how hard they applaud. After one or two rounds, the people from normal backgrounds aren't amused. Their faces show utter horror. I always make the fiinal two or three. Nevertheless, I never win because some from Catholic school always tops me by an extreme measure. I give up and concede.

The less educated and sophisticated the RC priests, the more they will say garbage about the Witnesses. They have no clue about the Witnesses or cults. Their man point is tha the RC church is perfect and Jesus/God is incapable of any rescues outside the Vatican. I have asked if I would be comfortable in RC functions from close friends and received assurances. My culture believes that no religion has exclusive rights to God under any circumstances. There is no true religion. Despite assurances from priests and lay people, I end up walking out or running out when I hear only Catholics have Jesus. I will be rude in real life. If I had not asked and been assured it was ecumenical, I would not be in such a rage.

There is NO difference between the Witnesses appropriating God, the Chutzpah! and Roman Catholics ignorants appropriating God. Jewish people don't appropriate God. God helps other religions and atheists. The Jews were chosen to do certain things for God at which they excel. NonJews will not be part of the tribe but God is still with you.

Jesus said something about not worrying about your neighbor's problems when you can't see out of your eye. Sorry, I once knew for every word and punctuation by heart.

• *lost*
    *lost*

''The total submission that the Rome requires has been expressed by many popes, but none said ti more clearly than Nicholas I (858-67)''

' it is evident that the popes can neither be bound nor unbound by any earthly power, nor even by that of the apostle (Peter), if he should return upon the earth.

since constantine the Great has recognised that the pontiffs held the place of God upon the earth, the divinity not being able to be judged by any living man.

We are, then infallible,, and whatever may be our acts, we are, then, infallible, and whatever may be our acts, we are not accountable for them but to ourselves'

from the book, A Woman Rides the Beast, pp153-154.

So the popes have claimes that they hold '' the place og God on earth'' and they continue to make such claims - and even get away with it in our so-called modern world.

A Catholic priest put up a very good you tube video against the WT, jw's. ( sorry, haven't got the link)

I guess after so long of just taking the abuse of WT, the RCC may be turning.

Potentially, the RCC is going to re-invent itself as much as possible with this new Pope, and try to appease the nations, and regain and stamp it's position of power and authority on all the other 'littler' cults/religions.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The reasoning book HAS to be replaced soon. it is a testament to outdated pseudo-scholarship. We need new and alive pseudo-scholarship.

This guy looks like as much of a tool as any elder I have ever seen, but he drives home 2 points albeit with falir for the dramatic.

1) He points out the UN NGO hypocricy. My only issue here is that he states that the branch benefits economically from this arrangement 3 times. How so? That does not sound accurate, and we all know, if something is 1% not accurate....the other 99% doesn't count.

2) He points to a deceptive ommision in the reasoning book. Is it possible in the version of Lidell and Scott in 1985, they had not yet had "cross" as a possible rendering of the greek into english? I don't know. But since the book has not been revised, it would be of note if that was the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit