A question about the Annual Meeting

by DATA-DOG 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is everyone invited to the annual meeting? Is it kind of like the memorial where everyone goes at different times? Or, are there only certain KH's invited from certain areas? Perhaps only certain members form certain zones? There can't be projectors at every KH, can there? Does anyone know the facts? What I have heard is confusing, and makes me think that more are invited than normal, but still not everyone gets to attend. They are still giving out tickets to my knowledge. That seems silly if everyone is going in a "memorial" type arrangement. Why have tickets?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Isn't it just special people from around the world? I knew a Burmese CO and wife who were invited from Myanmar one year.

• prologos
    prologos

that asian corner will be featured again this year.

• Splash
    Splash

Loads will be going, but not everyone.

If you are a brother with a position you get invited.

Pioneers get an invite, and long timers get an invite.

If you are young in the truth, a struggling sheep or have some recent 'history' then you don't qualify.

Splash.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hang on, so how many people go to this thing? Even if half the JW in the US are invited, isn't that like half a million people?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Its just another way for the people who do a lot for the WT to brag and another way for those who do less to feel inadequate.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I know under the old arrangement ( pre-projector days ) some would go to Stanley Theater of course. Others would go to an Assembly Hall and watch with a projector, i think, and you needed a ticket. But now more can go because of the Dell projector set-up at certain congos. It seems that there will be 3 showings at a certain KH in my area, kind of like staggering the memorial through the night. I am still unclear if entire congos are invited, or just select individuals from the Circuit. Why print a bunch of tickets with different showtimes if they are not needed?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I wonder which Governing Body member(s) are getting kick-backs from Dell on the sale of projectors... I'm guessing Losch and Morris "The Turd"...

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Video-links are being set up worldwide, and certain ones who have been baptized for 20 years or more are being invited to attend these broadcasts.

• sir82
    sir82
    Is everyone invited to the annual meeting?

I don't know about other countries, but my understanding is that every JW publisher in the US is invited to attend. The program will be held over the 1st weekend in October, repeated 4 times (Saturday morning / afternoon, Sunday morning / afternoon). The program will originate in NY and be transmitted to assembly halls all over the US. You will need a ticket (free, but only available through the congregation) to be admitted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit