Mays JW TV Broadcast/Your feedback is appreciated

by ToesUp 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Expect to see the reinstatement of going back to selling Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, and Submarine sandwiches at the Assemblies, again, It's about time
  • poopie
    poopie
    There.is an underlying feeling that because they continue to force family members to shunning there relatives those that do not agree with across the board evil shunning are silently.protesting by withholding donations I have actually heard a Sister say this so stop shunning and money will flow again keep shunning and luring about deposits at assemblies and you will go bank rupt
  • bobld
    bobld

They are crafty and realize that jwbcast is an easy way of making magabucks.There are clever people behind the scenes running the organization.They use the GB as front men to fully indoctrinate the R & F (who worship the GB).In the near future the GB will be put out to pasture.

If you look at TV evangelists (shameless fraudsters) taking advantage of desperate people promising material physical spiritual success to believers.They claim to be reaching millions of people via social media worldwide with the gospel and producing numerous converts.So what does the watchtower do get on the same bandwagon because they can see $$$$$$.More later

• millie210
    millie210
    poopie22 minutes agoThere.is an underlying feeling that because they continue to force family members to shunning there relatives those that do not agree with across the board evil shunning are silently.protesting by withholding donations I have actually heard a Sister say this so stop shunning and money will flow again keep shunning and luring about deposits at assemblies and you will go bank rupt

I would actually love that in theory!

I had not heard that before but I am glad to be hearing it now. Do you think that feeling is wide spread or just one sister?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

They keep using "accelerated"... I don't see any acceleration here. And again with the 1400 kingdom hall that need to be build or have major repairs. That tells me that most of these are to be repaired. And as for those offices for their translators? Why can't they work from their home and have more people involved on a part time basis? With today's tools, remoting is easy, especially if the bulk of your work (translation), is done entirely alone.

Well... they can't do that, otherwise, they won't know how to spend the money...

To me, it sounds like they're at the point where they need to spend the money they receive and so, they are finding these needs that are not there in the first place.

• done4good
    done4good

Ecan6 - And again with the 1400 kingdom hall that need to be build or have major repairs.

That number may be ambiguous, however I think this has much more to do with what they are not telling you. The new hall design, (large commercial buildings), and the overall more regional approach to how circuits, and districts are divided, strongly implies that they may very well need 1400 "new" halls, but at the expense of several thousand smaller local ones they are going to sell down the road.

Again, I stress this is about capital project dollars. They are pushing for revenue, so they don't need to depend on the sale of properties in order to build first. They will sell later, but when they determine they can make the most money on the properties.

The long term objective is lower operating expenses, because they know their business model is not eternally sustainable. They have done nothing but cut, cut, cut for the last 25 years since moving to a "donation" arrangement. This caught up to them, so now they need to make big changes in how business is run, in order to sustain solvency long-term.

d4g

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

d4g

Good analysis.

• done4good
    done4good
    Thanks, Driving Force.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Sure they are taking in money but before we all jump to conclusions we have to know what they are spending and Wt ain't saying nothing. I do have a friend who is currently working at the American bethel. I directly asked her if there were financial difficulties of sorts. Although unable to give me any proof. She was aware of the situation and said that there are rumours floating bethel about this. Another interesting comment she made was because of their vast real estate holdings it would help to keep them going. I think even the fact she knew about it and was able to give testimony that rumour is circulating at the heart of the organisation is telling. I feel if Wt chooses to go more extreme and hard core in there ideas, this will cost them, both with members and money in western lands.
  • Splash
    Splash

The GB should take their own advice:

*** km 12/90 p. 4 Your Role in Building for the Future ***
    FINANCING KINGDOM HALL CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
    12 Arrangements for any needed financing should be made at the outset. (Luke 14:28-30)

*** yy chap. 12 p. 87 par. 7 Do You Finish What You Start? ***
    if you want to finish what you start, count the cost beforehand. (italics theirs)

*** yp1 p. 305 Appendix—Questions Parents Ask ***
    Money management. Do your older children know how to fill out a tax return or what they need to do to comply with local tax laws? Can they budget their income and then live within their means?

*** pm chap. 2 p. 32 par. 20 Why Highest Hopes Were Disappointed ***
    Jehovah is not the kind of God that has the foundation of a building laid and then finds himself unable to complete the building, so that all the onlookers should “start to ridicule him

*** g77 8/8 p. 21 Should You Build It Yourself? ***
    Before starting to build, determine what limitations are imposed by your financial resources. Can you really afford to build?

*** g78 10/8 p. 16 Use Material Assets Wisely ***
    It is indeed the wise course for a person to analyze beforehand whether he can take on a particular financial responsibility.

*** g98 8/22 p. 22 How Can I Earn Some Money? ***
    A word of caution: Don’t rush into any enterprise before studying all the costs and factors involved... Of course, there is the danger of taking on more than you can handle

*** g00 7/22 p. 27 How Can I Make a Success of My Stay Abroad? ***
    As with any big decision you face in life, it is wise to count the cost first

*** w59 11/15 pp. 690-691 par. 26 Practical Wisdom in the Space Age ***
    To get the security or the protection of property that a watchtower makes possible, one has to have the funds with which to complete it to its required height. To avoid ridicule or the poking of fun at one, one has to be practical in wisdom and calculate first whether one has enough money to complete the proposed tower, before one ever starts building and wasting time, material, energy and money and showing unwisdom.

*** w85 11/1 p. 23 par. 7 The Beauty of the Christian Personality ***
    the man of God will watch that he and his family do not accumulate burdensome debts, knowing that these can lead to trying problems. This, of course, means he will not allow himself and his family to live beyond their means. He is a person who will count the cost before embarking on a particular course.

*** w92 8/15 p. 27 Have You Counted the Cost? ***
    For example, if a person wanted to buy a house, would he rush into signing a contract without even finding out the cost and making sure he has the financial ability to complete the deal? He would be considered foolish indeed if he did such a thing. Yes, it is common sense to count the cost before one begins an undertaking.

*** w94 9/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
    If many others perceived a Christian as irresponsible or untrustworthy, he might have sullied the good reputation that he had striven for and thus no longer have a fine testimony from outsiders.—1 Timothy 3:2, 7.

*** w04 10/15 p. 6 Benefit by Pursuing Spiritual Values ***
    Make a budget. The Bible states: “The plans of the diligent one surely make for advantage, but everyone that is hasty surely heads for want.” (Proverbs 21:5) Jesus advised his listeners to count the cost before undertaking any financial project

All of these articles referenced the Bible principle at Luke 14:28-30 "...who of you wanting to build a tower does not first sit down and calculate the expense to see if he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, he might lay its foundation but not be able to finish it, and all the onlookers would start to ridicule him, saying: ‘This man started to build but was not able to finish.’ "

The self proclaimed Faithful Slave have MISSPENT the masters Talent. They have publicly admitted and proven themselves to be anything but 'discreet'. They are the Wicked Slave who cannot be trusted by the master.

They no longer have a fine testimony from outsiders, are not sound in mind and are lovers of money. They do not know how to preside over their household, let alone the household of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit