It's a shame , but its probably true

by sleepy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

It's a shame , but its probably true, I bet there are more ex-witnesses (those who are dis'ed or dont go anymore)who still believe its the truth than those who don't.

What do you think?

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I agree with you, especially if they were raised a JW. It's deeply ingrained in you for some reason.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Actually, I don't think you can draw the line that finely.

There is too broad a spectrum of people represented and no clear delineation of what is a "witness" and what is an "ex-witness". There are many categories.

Active Publisher who believes everything
    Active Publisher who believes central doctrines
    Active Publisher who has some doubts about central doctrine
    Active Publisher who no longer believes

Repeat these for Inactive Publisher

Then there are DAed folks who have taken a specific action of saying they are no longer witnesses. They do this for a variety of reasons.

They now believe in another faith.
    They no longer believe the Watchtower Society represents God.
    They have major doubts on one or more central doctrines.

Then there are DFed folks who are mostly DFed on moral grounds having nothing to do with doctrine.

Again, there is a wide spectrum from those who started reading informational materials on the witnesses and on religion in general after being disfellowshipped and have developed a new belief system. Some of these disagree with all doctrines of the Watchtower. I think most who are DFed on non-apostate grounds still believe some things and have come to disbelieve others.

Joel

• elbobbo
    elbobbo

My best is guess is you're right. Sad to say but if my wife wouldn't have gotten pregnant and I decided to look into everything to know wha to teach my son I'd probably not be going but still believing all the BS that they push off on people.

• one
    one

If you spend at least 15 years with the wt before you reach the age of 30 she is your mother no matter what. Even if now you know she is a prostitute and you dont want to deal with her. You can't totally ignore her... most likely you were sincere and respected her.

• Leander
    Leander

I'm not sure how it is in other areas and congregations but I know for a fact that in my particular neck of the woods there are a lot individuals who really don't know/understand all of the central doctrines.

I often wonder if people knew more about the history of the organization would they still remain dubs.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Leander, I would say at a guess that maybe 80 out of 100 in a cong don't realy understand much about what they "believe".
    They just trust that its the truth, so do many who stop going.

When I mentioned 607 and the fall of Jerusalem, when telling a friend why I had stoped going to the hall he didn't even know what I was talking about.
    Didn't stop him shunning me.

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

One thing's fer sher . . .
    They's probably more ***ex***-JWs than there are JWs

Keep the Faith
    RAY

http://xjw-central.com/

• Leander
    Leander

I agree with you Sleepy, in fact I was one of those people myself. What got me into closely examining the doctorines was that I found it hard to beleive that almost an entire planet of misled people would be destroyed while the main perpetrator is given a reprieve. (imprisoned for a 1000 years and then let loose)

Another thing that annoyed me to no end is struggling to make meetings, keep up with all the required literature, maintain the national field service average and obey countless rules and regulations that have nothing to do with bible priniciples. While I'm still in the borg I'm just waiting for the right time to break free.

• one
    one

so if wasn't for the old men at broklyn we could be at least 12 million big now and demand some respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit