Meet up in the UK this summer ?

by Simon 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Summer is nearly upon us and it would be great to arrange a 'get together' (WT speak) sometime so that some of us could meet up. I thought I'd give plenty warning so that we can arrange something and get suggestions for venue etc ...

I was thinking of a nice hotel (with a pool if pos) and nearby to somewhere suitable for a family day out.

People could just go for the day or stop for a weekend as they preferred and we could do things as families during the day and then have a meal in the evening, have a few beers etc ...

We're near Manchester but don't mind travelling for a couple of hours or so (we have 2 small kids) - in fact, it would be nice to go somewhere like Wales, the Lake District, the Peak District ... you get the idea (just away from the cobbled streets and slums).

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions then let us have them!

Oh, and FORGET YOU'RE BRITISH!!! It's NICE to meet people and driving for a couple of hours is NOT a major expedition!

• sleepy
    sleepy

Sounds like a good idea.Hope I can make it this time.
    Prehaps we can work out were most of us live and chose a place that easy for most to reach.
    How about a barbecue on a beach somwhere?
    Anyone good at cooking?

• Sirona
    Sirona

I know I always say this (and never seem to make it) but I'd like to come. I spoke to my boyfriend the other day and he said he would come along on the next thing that was arranged.

We are also near Manchester, as you know. I think the lakes would be nice cause its only just over an hour away. Keswick or somewhere?
    We'd only come for the day though, we wouldn't stay over.

May 4th is out for me, as is May 11th and the 22nd June. LOL! This is because of the Mensa and Pagan stuff!

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Sounds good but a bit too soon for Mrs Ozzie and I. Maybe a bit later at the next one?

Hope it goes well.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Englishman
    Englishman

I have a brilliant idea!

Every summer, round about my birthday (July 6th, let bunting abound, let there be rejoicing, etc etc) I have my annual barbie. Always on a Sunday it starts around at around 1pm in the Waverley pub, at 3pm everyone heads for my place, we all get absolutely rat-arsed but the beer is diluted with good grub, then it's back to the Waverley till the landlord can't stand up any longer. It's a good crack!

So, WSM being a holiday resort, it's easy to get good B & B within a few doors of my home, it costs about £20 per person per night. This place is 100 yards away: http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/parasol.html

Just wanted everyone to know that you are very welcome.

Englishman.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Englishman ,
    Sounds like a good idea to me, but do you know what your letting yourself in for?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Make it in 2003, and I'll come too!! And I'll bet Princess and her gang will be there as well.

We all want to make a trip "across the pond" next year.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Angharad
    Angharad

That sounds like fun Englishman!

You'll have to let us know when your coming over Mulan, would be great to meet up

• Imbue
    Imbue

I'll be in London in June...too bad I'm not out yet.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mmm, should be around 70 or so this year.

Last year was fun.... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8443&site=3

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit