607 BC vs 587 BC: Archaeoastronomy for Everyone

by Londo111 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmOBor6Pdbo

Even though this is an appendix to the main series, I thought I’d share this. Likely, it is not the most riveting video, but I’m hoping it can empower those interested in starting research into astronomical diaries like VAT 4956. Some might think it’s too complicated, but I believe such research is within everyone’s reach. With the tools at hand, a person can be up and running in less than an hour and with no expensive to themselves.

In this ‘tutorial’, I’m taking the “Saturn in front of the Swallow” as example from VAT 4956, and doing a run through of verifying if this happened in 568 BC or 588 BC, which of course, has a bearing on whether Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 BC or 607 BC.

Some of this is obviously unscripted and less coordinated than other videos in this series. Likely, I’ve made a mistake or two. I’m a beginner at this myself and welcome feedback, tips, corrections in the comments section of Youtube, especially for the benefit of those who might try their hand at this.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/257113/1/A-Video-Series-about-607-BC-vs-587-BC

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Sigh...Jerusalem was destroyed in 586. Nebuchadnezzar laid siege against Jerusalem in January 588 B.C. And we know quite a bit about it: "For over a year, the Jews suffered the effects of the siege. As famine set in, morale among the Jews sank. Because of their weakened condition, plagues of one kind or another began to afflict the people (Jeremiah 14:12; 27:8, 13). Eventually, the food supply was depleted, and many resorted to cannibalism (Jeremiah 19:9; Lamentations 2:20; 4:10; Ezekiel 5:10). Finally, in July 587 B.C., the Babylonians broke through the walls and began pillaging and looting the city. Many Jews were slaughtered. The city, temple, and walls were razed to the ground. Those not killed were taken captive to Babylon, except for some of the peasantry. All that was left of Jerusalem was ash and rubble. Sadly, the prophet Jeremiah, who had witnessed the destruction, wrote, "How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people! how is she become as a widow! she that was great among the nations, and princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!" (Lamentations 1:1)."

There is no question that the city was not destroyed in 607 B.C. Arguments to the contrary are just a waste of time and effort. If it had taken place that much earlier, everyone by now would know about it. This reminds me of people who think the moon landing never happened. I've seen entire documentaries trying to show that it never happened. But the one tiny fact that lasers can be reflected off retroreflectors left there by the Apollo astronauts is enough to refute all the hours of boring pseudofacts a documentary maker can muster.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Unfortunately, some will defend 607 BC on and on, despite the evidence apparent to you and me, just as other groups will defend, despite the evidence, the teaching that the lost tribes of Israel came to the Americas and founded a civilization, or believe that an Egyptian scroll is the writing of Abraham.

• HowTheBibleWasInvented
    HowTheBibleWasInvented

I went through all the bible texts last year from when they first started being written to when they ended. (HowTheBibleWasMade -YouTube)

One thing that I noted was the Babylonian exile IN 586! I made a video on 586BCE NOT TO DEFEND AGAINST JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES but to explain the issues the Judeans felt after the exile.>>>

1.Monotheism

2. Preseving 'so-called' history

3. Israel's restoration by means of a Davidic King

The issue of 607 vs 586 has NEVER been commented on! It's a stupid point and I doubt witnesses PERSONALLY beleive it anymore

• T D Joseph
    T D Joseph

Who will be in a better position than JEWS themselves to keep record of their captivity accurately? They have no idea of 607 BCE. Here is the link:

( http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/11407-nebuchadnezzar )

• Londo111
    Londo111

I will concede that many JWs do not understand their own doctrine…they just know 607 as an input into their Gentile Times calculation. But if they are told that is when Jerusalem was destroyed, they will accept it, no question. Many don’t know that their belief is a at odds with the historical evidence. There are many of us here that came awake after researching this issue.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Here are a few useful links related to this subject:

For the astronomy software, Cartes du Ciel: http://www.ap-i.net/skychart/
    A translation of VAT 4956: http://www.caeno.org/pdf/F019_Translation.pdf

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Good effort Lando, even though many JW's don't really understand the dates, if just one person can be effected on how 607 doesn't work therefore 1914 is irrelevant then you have effected the religion, so its importanat to keep banging at the door with truth.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Excellent work. It's unsurprising that in The Watchtower (15 November 2011), they dismissed out-of-hand the positions of the planets in VAT 4956. They claimed that the names of the planets are ambiguous in the text, which is a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit