Subject: Jehovah's Witnesses Under Fire Around the

by myself 13 Replies latest social current

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Dungbeetle

It is time to act and time to do SOMETHING, and other countries are not going to make the same mistake the US has done--wait for the Watchtower to get too big to handle.

Sure it is time to disagree and do something. That something however in no case ever should be violence, prison, abuse, false charges, lies, scheming, mob attacks, or the like. Such things are in fact done not only to Jehovah's Witnesses in these countries but other Christian Religions, and yet even other religions period.

Being the captain of one's soul includes being able to make the decision to be a slave. If a person wishes to be enslaved, that is their choice. The enslavement to the watchtower, while at the moment more intense than many christian religions, is at its core the same thing that christians have been doing all along. The witnesses have the same sorts of problems as every other group. Shall I take someone who has grown up a witness, perhaps been molested, and then further prove they have it right by imprisoning said one?

In no way did I state that action should not be taken. However, if our objection to the WTBTS is their abuse of members, then we should be honest without ourselves and not also abuse them. Too many times I have seen ex-witnesses who were unhappy and thus thinking that everyone who is a witness is unhappy. I have also seen them state that for decades after becoming a witness they had not a moment of happiness. Well then why did you stay? Not even a single solitary moment? Not a single friendship? Then why do they cry foul when a 'friend' shuns them. I should be ever so happy to have my enemies shun me and never associate with me.

Or rather why not simply admit the facts. They hurt you, you are going to hurt them. They persecuted you and you damn well are going to get even. They dared shun you, though they told you they would, that being part of the religion, and now you are going to see them imprisoned on false charges of things they have not done. You are going to see them beaten, and be glad for it. You are going to see them seperated from their children, and celebrate. While at the same time, all that is happening in such cases is a strengthening of their cause. Such things do nought but make a person's conviction all the more secure.

Other countries are going to stop them before they get to large? Simply examine countries that do such things and their track record. They do it not only to Jehovah's Witnesses. Not only to religious groups. When all of a people in a nation are not free, then all the people are enslaved. When one group can be harrased with false charges, or imprisoned even contrary to the law, then anyone can, and people who are on the dominate side are often surprised when it does happen to them.

Do something about the witnesses? Surely! Do something truthful. Tell the facts. Use their history. Teach people to reason. And then if they still want to be witnesses, then so be it. If we are to campaign against the witnesses then, let us campaign against every cult that has brought distruction and vileness to this planet. Let us destroy the christians, and the muslims, the hindus and the pagans. Let us eliminate by force, lie, and violence every religion until finally the free will of men is to obey only the state.

====================

Let countries follow the example of France. If they choose not to recognize them as a religion, great, charge them taxes. It is not as if there is not enough money there to pay. And they will pay.

Let's see, three wives, seven concubines, nine slave girls, and twenty-seven black nazi female body guards. I've only got forty-five women to go and my cult is complete

• jerome
    jerome

Until I recieve independant conformation for the entierty of this presented information I will continue to catogrize this document as propaganda bearing in mind that anything protraying the Watchtower Society in a positive light and especially appealing to the emotions sympthy/empathy cannot be trusted.

There are no references to source documents. The opposition is not adequately represented. The Watchtower Society was never once protrayed in a negative light while the opposition was catagoritically villified and it is quite apparent that the aim of the document was to involke sympthy/empathy for the Jehovah's Witnesses.

This fits my definition of propaganda.

An appeal to emotion without proper representation of facts.

jerome

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

This is a really good thread and some very good points have been made.

I agree with Dungbeetle that we should so something about this cult. Fight it all the way. But I agree with Hy that EVERYTHING we use against it must be respectful of human rights and must be accurate. We shoot ourselves in the foot if we use inaccurate statements that witnesses can then point to as "apostate lies."

But all in all, Jerome is right. This sounds like propaganda plain as day.

A question for Chasson: Did I miss something? Is the WTS in France finally going to pay Ceasar what is his? An update would be greatly appreciated.

• Scott77
    Scott77

The best way to help those in those countries of 'persecution' is to speak to their Embassies in Washington DC and provide TTATT.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit