Hi everyone !!!

by Durden 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome!

Good luck reaching your parents. Perhaps the fact that they are both math teachers can be used to your advantage. Use logic, reason and critical thinking skills to reach their minds and hearts.

Keep posting!

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow, Durden, so wonderful that you have learned so much about JWism, the "facts."

Good that you have some communication open on this with your dad. How long have they been JWs? They have no other family/relatives that are JWs.

Do everything for preparation for college. I don't see how your parents would deny you that.

I have good hope for you and your parents too. So many best wishes!

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hi Durden. You're so lucky to learn "the truth" as a teenager.

You have lots of free years ahead of you.

• Durden
    Durden

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone !

Everyone is being so welcoming :D

Much Love

Durden

• *lost*
    *lost*

welcome to 'life, liberty and freedom' how wonderful for a young one to wake up and get out.

what a wonderful, charming happy young man you appear to be. I'm sure your parents are very proud of you and love you very much.

Good luck and well done

• BLWashington
    BLWashington

Wow... you are SO ahead of the curve... You aren't baptized and WHATEVER you do- DON'T DO IT! Delay, Make Excuses- and just say I'm just not ready yet...I have so may questions...I'll let you know when I'm ready. Go to COLLEGE!!! But the whole conversion thing... STOP for now- you need solid footing before you rock the boat.. and you don't want to take the chance that you're in it if it happens to rock too far. LIke some say, do NOT vent to current JWs, lest you find yourself a target of the "brothers" and wind up in that lil back room with your parents looking confused and dazed.,

Acquire some good upstanding non-JW friends that can become familiars with your parents... and finally- do NOT do anything that will set off a trigger- drugs, excessive "illicit" music. Red Flag things...

Good luck Buddy!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this wonderful enlightening forum.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome Durden! Congrats on being where you are at a young age. I wish I had known what I know now back then. Sadly, I did not.

You are ahead of pace on life now! :) So here are a couple ideas I have since your parents are math teachers, these have to do with math.

First, look up and read about when the flood happened. The WT online library on JW.org can give you all the info on this, so you can ask your dad about it using just WT info. So they give you the date of the flood, then notice that Nimrod according to the info in the bible, built The Tower of Babel just about 110 to 140 years later. Figuring out these times is the math challenging part. You have to look at lineages and deduce on your own how many years would have passed for the few generations between Noah and Nimrod. Remember that according to the bible god limited the number of years to their life to what we have now. Once you and him have agreed on a number of years between Noah and Nimrod, then the question is- So your telling me that while Noah's own sons were just barely dead, the earth had already gotten so bad again that god thought he had to confuse the languages? Did Noah's sons not teach their children about the flood miracle they were a part of? How could several hundred people or even a few thousand have built a tower into the heavens so impressive that it scared god into confusing the languages? How could there have been enough people to build the tower, if they were spreading out in the earth after the flood? Because the pyramids and the Great Wall of China were built around the same time in history. So how were there enough people to build all those things after the flood? How does the math add up?

The math absolutely does not make sense. It is impossible. I think this would be powerful for your dad.

• flipper
    flipper

DURDEN- WElcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. Please be careful in HOW you go about trying to get your elder dad out of the JW cult. Even though he may SEEM to be an independent thinker and he's a school teacher and all that- it's NOT a given that he totally uses his own mind and does his own thinking. What I mean is he STILL being an elder- has to answer to the WT Society for decisions he makes and if he wants to remain an elders- those decisions HAVE to conform to WT Society thinking and direction. Which may include turning you in to his fellow elders if you express views contrary to WT thinking.

It's good you are thinking clear and are planning your escape from the organization- but just remember - some of our JW relatives may still be under the influence of WT mind control so you may or will get resistance to your views by other JW's. Just trying to prepare you. If you are still living at home with your folks I would suggest to start planning for your college education and in time getting your own place as you will have more freedom and options to exit the Witnesses unhindered. Just my 2 cents. Remember my friend- we are here for you when you need support, O.K. ? Take care. Peace out. Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit