Another computer question.. Debugger?

by Cassiline 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

What is a debugger and why does it always seem to start when a popup comes on to the computer screen? I have hit yes to debug and no.... hitting yes usually is a long process and freezes my computer and hitting no usually kicks me off line.

Is there a program like defragging I can run to stop this nuisance?
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions and answers.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What program are you in when it asks you about debugging?

BTW: Debugging is what programmers do to find problems and errors in programs.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Hi Elsewhere,
    Hummm What program am I in, you are asking a person who knows little about computers. I don't know if this helps I sopose Explorer and Aol were both runing I am not sure what else though

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• spender
    spender

it happens when there's an error in a script on a page you're viewing (usually javascript or vbscript). When it asks you to start the debugger, choose no. This is only useful for the developers of the scripts used on the page.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Thanks Spender and Elsewhere I apperciate your input!

C

• Valis
    Valis

It also means that you have programming software on your computer, whether you are using it or not. You may need to CTRL ALT DEL to find out what programs are running. I bet you will find there is a resident program running that was installed at some point. Also, look in your Startup folder for any programs that are launching when Windows starts. You can also go to the Control Panel and open the Add/Remove Programs icon. Look under installed programs and determine if there are programs that make reference to programming in Java, or VB script, or other programming languages. Unless you use them, remove them and this will most probably solve your problem. Feel free to email if you need help, or you feel uncomfortable changing your computer's configuration by yourself. Its hard to know the exact remedy without further details.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Cassiline, I am so glad you asked that. I have the same problem.

Valis, in the programs section, it says Internet explorer 6 and internet tools. Would the programming thing be part of the internet tools and if it is, how do I get rid of it?

• Valis
    Valis

Well, your other option is to go to Tools then Internet Options, then click on the Advanced tab and deselect the Script Debugging option, directly under the Browsing subheading. Probably easier than my earlier suggestions....mea culpa.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Valis!!!!!! You wonderful man!!!!!
    On my computer, I had to select disable script debugging in the section you told me. That debugging program has annoyed me for ages. Thank you so much!!!!!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Thanks Valis worked like a charm!!!! Now only if I could get you to send me some of those crabclaws from Campisis!!!!!!!!

C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit