What kind of people commented at your meetings?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 3 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

We had an old brother that looked and even dressed a bit like Fred Franz. He always interspersed his comments with what happened in the 1930's and 1940's. Bro. Brown was his name. He was informative.

We had two reg . pio . sisters that had a competitive streak with each other. FacePalm . That was embarrassing to watch.

We had a reg pio mother and her reg pio daughter that fiercely competed against each other in commenting and giving talks. Very difficult to listen to.

We had a PO who professed to be of the anointed who did almost all the commenting in a congo of over 100 publishers. George acted like it was his show, so everyone let him take over.

Also at this same KHall , the Bro who looked after the Watchtower, had only one daughter. He liked to call on her for the first comment whether the comment was age appropriate or not.

Grace too professed to be of the anointed. Her looks and her comments were always very pious.

We had one Elder, who always picked his family members first to comment before anyone else, whether he was doing The Watchtower or another part. I was really glad when that family moved.

Did you have the same kind of people in your KHall?

Did anyone ever give a WRONG comment?

Just Lois

• TOTH
    TOTH

Mostly brown-nosing elders' wives and piosneers, if memory serves.

Once my unbaptised youngest son went to the book study when the co was conducting it, He answered from the OLD red parasite book and threw the study into disarray. The co got up and looked at my son's book and was freaked that the books were so far apart in that answer. LOL

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

My dad conducted the tower on sundays, and us kids were explicitly instructed that if we didn't give at least one comment during the study, we would get the belt when we got home, and not be allowed to have any recreation for the rest of the day. I remember my little brother in tears, as he tore through his mag at the end of the study if he waited too long or didn't get called on, in a full panic. Man, now that I look back, that was some serious mental anxiety for a kid to have to go through

• hoser
    hoser

At our meetings undercover apostates and their fading spouses are sure to comment at least once per meeting

hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit