Tree Hugging

by still thinking 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

If they really loved plant life they would jump into a blackberry bush and roll around - naked.

• still thinking
    still thinking

That sounds lovely cofty, just as well you were there. I hear you are having a heat wave. Those plants would be screwed.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL Glander, blackberries deserve RESPECT

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I hugged trees in Washington. Got Hoh?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

garbage as far as any proof goes. But, I love being aorund trees, I live right next to a national forest, surrounded by mountains with loads of trees. I think the most beautiful thing there is is a green tree against blue sky.

• prologos
    prologos

of course everything has its own vibration frequency, but will that influence your ills?

Stradivarius* is claimed to have walked the woods knocking on trees to pick spruce, maple with good sounds for his later works.

Distinctive sounds from poplars, palms in the wind.

If Eve only would have hugged the tree of knowledge rather eat the fruit,

we would not be taking the WT apart here.

* or Guanerius, Amati. Mittenwald folks.

• new22day
    new22day

Ummm ... there was a study done in Japan, results were recently shared (I will try to find the info.) on introducing greeenspace and trees into urban developments and the effect on the general public's mental health over a period of XX (?) years. The findings were remarkable suggesting access to immediate greenspace reduced stress and mental health problems considerably. The findings are being used by modern. progressive urban planners who are focused on improving urban community quality of life in some parts of north America. I think it's interesting but some things are just common sense - no science needed. Trees please.

• prologos
    prologos

Trees please, not Bushes.

not burning bushes.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

It might also have something to do with negative-ions.

Concentration of Negative Ions in Different Environments

Environment Concentration *
    Waterfalls 95,000 - 450,000
    Mountains, seashores, breezy forest 50,000 - 100,000
    Breezy country meadow 5,000 - 50,000
    Cities 100 - 2000
    Rooms and offices 40 - 100
    Rooms with Air Conditioner 0 - 20
    *Approximate Concentration of Negative Ions per cubic centimeter (cc3)

I also read in another article that pine/evergreen forests were especially beneficial. Not sure if any of this is true, but I prefer to spend as much time as possible in the forest. It helps that my back yard is up against a national forest. My wife and her friends think I am crazy. Isn't it boring to spend so much time by yourself in the forest - they ask before going back to the tv?

• still thinking
    still thinking

So negative Ions are good for you? How does that work?

Isn't it boring to spend so much time by yourself in the forest - they ask before going back to the tv?

I know which I'd prefer...and it wouldn't be the tv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit