Where do you get your news?

by Marvin Shilmer 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

I like learning about what’s going on in the world. But I tire of having to scan news outlets like NPR, CNN and FOX in order to figure out reality.

What news organization(s) do you use to learn about what’s going on in the world? Is there even one that’s not corrupted by right or left wing spinners?

Marvin Shilmer

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

I like Sky News.

The BBC has become a mouthpiece for the Politically Correct Liberal hegemony that speaks mainly for the vociferous minorities running our country, and as such is positively tiresome to view.

• Satanus
    Satanus

' Is there even one that’s not corrupted by right or left wing spinners?'

Since i believe i already have a reasonable pic of reality, i don't need to update it very often. If something major happens, i'll be able to tell by the change in the price of gas, or someone will tell me. If its the end of the world, well then, i'll find out soon enough.

S

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I get all the news I need from the weather report.

• James Brown
    James Brown

News finds me.

I have cable tv, the internet, from time to time I run across a newspaper or magazine.

When I turn my computer on it goes to MSN.com

If its a story of interest, I google it over and over.

If I am interested enough, I think I get both sides of the story.

If you want the other side right off the bat go to Alex Jones, info wars.

• Simon
    Simon

Ha, ha, when people claim they get their "unbiased" news from a company that is owned by Rupert Murdoch.

The fact is, you are listening to the views of one reporter and an editor with influence of the owner who hired and pays them.

You need to look at multiple sources, check that they are quoting reputable facts and not rhetoric. Look at things critically to check they are being fair and not pushing an agenda by using emotive words and biased descriptions.

Check for people without money in the game.

• laverite
    laverite

Rupert Murdoch's Sky News? Yeah, absolutely no biases there. Riiiiiiiight.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A "multitude of counsellors" as the Bible says - and we still only get what they want to tell us...

In the U K satellite channells I can watch BBC, Sky, but also R T (Russian, in English) Al Jazeerah, Euro News , France 24, It is a pity that they dropped the Iranian Press T V , I liked to hear their point of view . There are also news channels from India,China, Japan and S Africa. They all have their place

On The net , The Reuters site seems pretty factual

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Fark.com is one of the best if you enjoy hearing about mainstream as well as unusual news with a sometimes funny twist. Each article also has an awesome discussion page if you want to comment.

Fark

• Simon
    Simon

The main thing is to look for the choice of words - is the reporter actually doing what they shoud and reporting FACTS or are they adding their own biases through the use of words they chose to describe things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit