Detective Walter M. Friday

by compound complex 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Anyway, it was really enjoyable. I love how Friday holds the package up to his ear, shakes it twice and recognizes the sound of English walnuts!!! Lol!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Rip!

That Det. Friday is one of a kind: he operates on guts, intuition and can tune in to an Alpine Avalanche in A minor . . .

CoCo

• Glander
    Glander

Mickey Spillane, Raymond Chandler, P.G. Wodehouse, Agatha Christy, ...who am I missing ?

Amazon kindle special -

"The Big Squeeze, a Detective Friday Escapade Introspection"

• compound complex
    compound complex

Glander:

Wodehouse is my fave, and if you don't appreciate my unremitting kindness, I'll kick your spine through your hat . . . !!!

CC

• Glander
    Glander

and I would slug you so hard...but I won't...I won't... I don't want to pull my fist back through the broken bones...snarl.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Guys, I love the raillery!!

• talesin
    talesin

Yes! Trim the fat ........... love this new story,, you are getting 'there'.

xo

tal

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Great read CC! Happy you've had time to let your creative juices ferment, glad you're back.

gorgia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Glander, rip, Tal and gorgia, for your comments.

As an editor, I offer other writers suggestions as to content, structure, etc., but, then, do make necessary corrections as to grammar, spelling, punctuation -- you know, the technical stuff.

Regarding the so-called fat of this tongue-in-cheek tale, the non sequiturs, the lapses into ludicrous, verbose incongruity, the juxtaposing of insanity against stark reality are all simply a part of the mix. It's meant to be nonsense.

Nonetheless, anything you wish to add or subtract is meaningful to me, and I do consider it as important.

All the best.

CoCo

• compound complex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit