PICTURES I TOOK FROM A WILD STORM LAST NIGHT

by Mary 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Man oh man did we ever get a bad one last night. It was unreal!! I was sitting out on the front porch and it got really dark, clouds swirling but not much else. Then the wind suddenly shifted, it started really raining hard and coming straight out of the north. By the time I stood up, turned aro und to fold the chair (about 2.5 seconds) this wall of wind came straight out of the west and just ripped right down the street ripping up trees, sheds and everything else. I could not see even 2 feet out the front windows---it was like a huge sandstorm that covered everything My gazebo (which was bolted into 2x4’s that were drilled into the ground with cement) was ripped completely off. Someone’s tire and chunks of trees were in the driveway, Another shed blew up the road and was squashed on someone’s front lawn, a neighbour up the road had a huge tree come through the back of his house and the woman who lives across the road had a huge part of her tree break off and blocked the road out front. It was a total frigging mess!! Yet just a few streets over, they didn’t get hardly anything.

Here's a couple of pictures I took:

What once looked like this:

Looked like this after:

• cofty
    cofty

Wow. Glad you are safe.

I hope the gazebo will go back together it looks like a nice one.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh Mary, I am sure you were frightened. (((Hugs of concern)))

I was inside my house, when a tornado came down the street, many years ago. It is so scary.

Just Lois

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

That is a real bummer! People work hard then something like that happens.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Ooh, so sorry you have to clean this us now. Glad no one was hurt.

• Think About It
    Think About It

That is too bad Mary. Looks like you have a nice backyard. Sounds like something I experienced before. I seen a wind shear just kick the wind speed into a high gear and take 2 big trees down like it was nothing. Hope you get things back together.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I was wondering how you would be effected when I heard how close it was

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is crazy, glad you are OK. I used to live in Colorado, we had some hellacious winds out there, blew a huge pot with a tree right off the deck, and a whole wood table, four chairs and umbrella with heavy metal stand about five feet accross the deck. If we had had a gazebo like that it would have ended up in Kansas. I used to joke that we had three seasons in Colorado, summer, winter and the month of April, which we just called "wind". Sometimes it was hard to open the front door, due to the vacuum generated by the wind. That was one of the reasons I moved back to California where I only have to worry about earthquakes and refinery fires.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit