Do they still discourage recording the a$$emb£ies and CONventions?

by punkofnice 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If so then what are they afraid of?

I haven't been to a single solitary meeting, CONventions or a$$emb£y since 2010 but I do recall they would announce a discouraging of recording the sessions.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

They don't discourage the reocrding of them. They are broadcast on low power FM to pick up with recorders.

They discourage the distribution of them.

The reason is because people will listen to them from the recordings and not attend their own and then they won't donate.

Just like what the RIAA was afraid of with Napster. Music sharing hurt their revenue. WTS thinks assembly sharing hurts their revenue.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ratti - Good point. Money again ay!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Haven't you heard?

The Society (at our DC, anyway) has made a CD recording of all the talks at the DC and has issued ONE copy to each congregation.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Yeah, but to BORROW that congregation copy, you have to present the elders with a good reason for missing.

So much for the information being life saving.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

the searcher - Like I say I've not attended since mid 2010 so have no idea what the latest is.

Ratti - How transparent the WBT$ is now I look at it. Like you say...so much for the life saving information.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I bet they like to control such recordings so that a few years down the line they can "disappear" them.

Look at how embarassing are the recordings on You-tube of mad Freddie Franz and that blood and thunder guy Auriclio or whatever his bloody silly name was.

When they change doctrine again in about 5 minutes, sorry two years, they won't want the "Old Light" to be shining so as to obscure the "New Light",

will they ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy - I remember rehearsing for a 'drama(TM)'. We were all told to dispose of the tape recording afterwards. I couldn't figure out why.

My 'aposta-friend' kept his copy.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We were told to send back to the London Branch for pulping all copies of "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" (I think that was the title) a peach coloured book for kids produced in the 1950's and full of horrific illustrations and nonsense, they obviously were more embarassed about this book than the "Finished Mystery" of 1918/9 vintage !

I still have my copy, I wouldn't take part in Nazi book burning, even though I was not fully "awake" at the time, the '80's I believe.

• Simon
    Simon

I remember people putting those big recorders with piano keys on the fences to record things and every hour or so they would walk down in their short sleeved shirt, casio watch sparking in the sun, to change the tape.

Did anyone ever listen to those tapes again or was it all for show? I can't imagine worse pain ... maybe they played them on the trip home. Aaargh!

I think the reason for discouraging recordings is so people dont have evidence of oral instructions and doctrinal flip-flops. Every old talk they have ever given is an embarrassment to them eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit