Demonic Cat... (probably)

by Oculos Aperire 7 Replies latest social humour

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

1942 Consolation. All issues of the magazine Consolation (published by the Watchtower Society and distributed by Jehovah's Witnesses) for 1942. The magazine was later renamed Awake! in 1946

From 'Consolation' magazine - 4th March 1942

• Satanus
    Satanus

Demons love watching bingo, dontcha know.

S

• finally awake
    finally awake

LOL the deeemunzz they like the bingo. But seriously, who could possibly take the witnesses seriously as the mouthpiece of god after reading this?

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

In the very same magazine the few months later. A clever cat is blatantly demonic... a clever dog.. is just fine!

Jun 24 1942

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Yes, obviously demonic. Remember Hachi?? I shudder to think of it... My cat always knows when I am about to wake up, and knows when I open a container of lunch-meat! Also, he knows that I am going to turn on a specific faucet every morning!! Hold on while I call the Elders....

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I remember back in the 70's the hour talk on Sunday was about animals. He talk mostly about cat's and dog's. He brought out things that was totally false about animals. He said things like they don't think they are just program to do the things they do. They have no feelings. They are just dumb animals with no idea they are alive only do what they do because that is how god made them. It really showed how dumb the Wt. was on the subject. Those GB city boys don't have a clue about cat's and dog's let alone anything else. Totally ADD

• zeb
    zeb

I had a wonderful cat who would 'tuck me in' so to speak. When i went to bed he would jump up and check me out and lie against me. Once i was asleep he would depart.

When i was having nightmares (injured in the line of duty, bi-polar) he would touch me to wake me and give me gentle head butts as if to say "its ok Im here."

an obviously eveil feline.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I read a story by a veterinarian about a cat that would go to a yoga class each week. He would appear right on time, and would stay until the class was over, then go home. My cat knows that we get up every weekday at 5:30, unfortunately, she thinks we should get up at 5:30 on the weekends as well, and will run back and forth on the bed right over us until we get up and throw her out of the bedroom. Lizzie is very social and likes to interact with us often during the day, she definitely know what our routines are. She waits for my husband to get home and runs to greet him with her favorite toy, knowing he will play with her.

It's laughable that anyone would think that that cat was demonized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit