goodwill

by infernosdante 6 Replies latest jw friends

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

There is a Goodwill store in the town i live in , ive noticed that everytime i go in there there are always jdubs in there,is'nt it a bit hypocritical that members of a religion that not only is not charitable and in fact discourages charity,is more than willing to take advantage of the charity of nonmembers,ho they say are doomed to be destroyed.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

They gave all their money to the worldwide work to pay for lawsuits to protect the congregation Pediophiles, all over the world.

Now they are trying to save a few pennies. Hopefully, they will find some good Apostate books to read, to wake them up.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I would like to get more info about them discouraging charity.

• rebel8
    rebel8

crazyguy, google using search terms such as "ymca", "charity", "watchtower" and "jehovah's". Lots of info on this is available.

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

thanks rebel for relating that to crazyguy

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I had witnesses brag that they routinely went to the "charitable stores" and purchased things cheaply and sold them on ebay for more money. Hypocritical?

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The Sisters in the Congregation I grew up in used the code words "Sally Ann's Dress Shop" whenever they talked about the Goodwill.

Sister A: "Where'd you get your outfit ?"

Sister B: "I got it at Sally Ann's for $2.OO and I found Bob 2 suits that look like they were never worn"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit