New Meeting attendance policy??

by noidea 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I agree...the force of “pressure” is a constant with the JWs..

"Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once" - Buckaroo Bonsai

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

I remember my mother telling me that if I didn't go to the meetings, then I wouldn't go ANYWHERE else, and she meant it!!!

You know, come to think of it, she didn't let me do that much anyway! No wonder so many go stir crazy when they leave!!!

Hope everybodies doing okay today!!!! Me doing good! Tink =;o)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I personally know of some congregations where meeting attendance is running a little over fifty percent.

I personally know of some congregations where the inactive/irregular publisher count is running at around thirty percent.

(I think those two statistics kind of go together.)

I personally know of several congregations where it is being announced from the platform that they are spending a lot more money than they are taking in.

And all this since the LAST circuit overseer's visit.

THE WAR ON THE WATCHTER IS MAKING PROGRESS!!!!!!

keep up the good work folks!!!!

• avengers
    avengers

Edited by - avengers on 15 April 2002 16:3:20

• Beans
    Beans

Do they live in the Country? Are they Trailer Park material?

Beans

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey noidea - i thought perhaps you were gonna reveal the new rule about meeting atendance - ie - you only need to attend for 15 minutes ...

When you lose small mind, you free your life ... (© Serj Tankian, Daron Malakian)

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr
    quote:
    NO TELLIN WITH JWs in regard to meeting attendance....

Sure there is that is why the lass said of course he was joking. Personally I find this kind of humor, well, humorous. And we do it all the time as exes too.

quote:
    Do you accept the Faithful & Discreet Slave?

I told them I did not believe in god. But that I did believe that they were the sole channel of communication between god and man. When asked how this was so, I simply stated that just because I do not believe in god, does not mean he does not exist.

• Solace
    Solace

That is my worst nightmare.
    The thought of my J.W. family taking my kids and starting up their brainwashing tactics has always been a fear of mine.
    My daughter has come home from a visit with them talking about how all churches are pagan etc.
    So annoying!!
    I am so glad they live too far to visit often.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

We were told over and over, 'Don't miss the meetings!'

And you know what? I don't 'miss' them at all!

Outaservice

• myself
    myself

I loved her reply to Uncle Elder By Marriage, give her a Big Hug from Aunt Kiki.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit