Anyone heard of or been through a JW exorcism?

by Mimilly 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

Wouldn`t we all Spender, wouldn`t we all?..........Jedd who don`t believe in fairy tales no more class

• Beliarus
    Beliarus

Yes I heard about it, but never in my KH.

• simwitness
    simwitness

Great Quote:

*** w66 12/15 *** p739
    Some persons have reported gaining relief by burning letters from relatives who dabble in spiritism. Even if an article from a spiritist is an expensive one, is keeping it worth the danger? One woman was tormented for years by the demons; finally she got rid of many household effects that came from a spiritistic relative. "The material loss," she wrote, "was worth the peaceful calm that came over our house and family."
    COnsidering the WTBS cited Johannes Greber for "support" on a number of occasions! For those that are unaware, Johannes Greber was well known as a spiritist! 2 books he wrote: "Communicating with the Spirit world of God" and he had his own translation of the New Testament, which the WTBS used for a number of years as "support" for thier John 1:1 "a god" translation!

He (Greber) has been cited a number of times in the WTBS publications!
    See http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/spiritism.htm (bottom half of the page) for details!

WOW!

I guess it's time to have me a book burnin!

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

The Watch Tower also promoted the book ‘Angels and Women’, which was supposed to have been dictated by a repentant demon, and gave details of the pre-flood conditions on earth. You can buy it at Amazon now, as a revised version. Here are two scans of the advertisement for it in the Golden Age, and also the questions from readers about how ‘appropriate’ it would be for a Christian to read such matter—fine by the Watch Tower!

I have a copy, and it is interesting, but I did feel the end of the book had been somewhat “edited” by the Watch Tower from the original book, which was ‘Seola’ back in the 1878, they reprinted their “edited” version in 1921. It has been reprinted again recently with still further editing, but obviously totally banned to read by the average JW—it’s Demonic don’t you know!

(For some reason they won’t appear with a GIF file type, so if you copy and paste the addresses below, and put GIF [capitals in this case not lower case] on the end they will work, but they don’t seem to work as such here, that is why I have removed the GIF ending. It seems the GIF if converted to lower case here, which then won’t work)

http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/7175/ANGELS.

http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/7175/ANGELS3.

• badboy
    badboy

I heard a thud sound from inside the KH as I walked past.

Maybe if they could work out which KH it was,they should in a team of Exorists before their do tonite!

• Balsam
    Balsam

You all the 29 years I was a witness, I heard of such stuff going on. I had come from a background of spiritism and witchcraft before becoming a witness, and I always thought the stuff they were labeling as spirit forces were just mentally ill people who were in need of mental health treatment.

There is a sad lack of understanding of mental illness amoung JW. And this comes from the GB who are total ingnorant on Mental Health issues. I worked as a care giver in a group home, and all these folks I worked with would have been labeled demonized by the WTS. Well their concept is religious and biblical histeria as far as I am concerned. We had 3 individuals in the cong I associated with, over the years. Two had schizophrenia, another bi-polar. And their behavior was strange. I would end up with these people on bad days at meetings calming them down if they were acting out. Then would have other witness come up to me later indicating that these witnesses were perhaps demonized. I told them they were not, but that they were ill, and needed to be on their medications. How many witness have been labeled as demonized when they had chemical inbalances in their brain. So Sad.

I heard of a young women who's children were killed in an accident. She had been a witness for several years. After the children died, she got to talking to herself, and praying for her children being in heaven, and crying constantly. Well the friends there labeled this poor woman as demonized and disfellowshipped her rather than helping her to cope with the terrible grief she suffered from. I lost my 15 yrs old son to death a year ago, and it nearly drove me to madness the grief is unbearable in the beginning. There is something wrong when people want to add to a person misery with labeling them demonized.

My any who have been through this find comfort among true friends.

Balsam

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Balsam, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.
    Some of the Fundies and Evangelical Christians are no better on this topic.
    A teenage relative of mine is suicidally depressed and his Dad is convinced that the kid is having a spiritual crisis and the Devil is fighting for his soul. Thank goodness, the doctors know better.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

What gets me about the whole idea of burning supposedly "demonized" objects is that the whole concept of demons inhabiting certain objects is utterly absent from the Bible. The only religion (other than the JW's) that I know of that holds that spirits can inhabit inanimate objects is the religion of voodoo. Can it be that the Watchtower is promoting **gasp** PAGAN doctrines??

Tom

"At midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew go out and round up everyone who knows more than they do"
    --Bob Dylan
  • Xander
    Xander

I had come from a background of spiritism and witchcraft before becoming a witness

Not to hijack the thread, but interested in talking about this? I find myself leaning towards skepticism frequently lately, but am curious to hear a disinterested 3rd party's thoughts on spiritism.

My mother used to be a witch before becoming a witness, so she has wonderfully exaggerated tales of demon possesion, etc., and how the witnesses made all this go away. It makes her....uhhh...unreliable...to use as a source [8>] (IE., her current faith requires her to believe she was under demonic influence during that period, so she can't give an objective answer).

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Xander
    Xander

bttt...

Just wondering if any on the board have been involved with spiritism/witchcraft since leaving the org.

Again, rather curious here...

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit