Anyone else go to special talk?

by NikL 13 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

Well today was the day of yet another special talk. You know the ones where everyone in the world is supposed to get the same one.
    Anyway, I noticed very little special about this talk which was about keeping Jehovahs fearsome day close at hand or something like that.
    It was the standard doom and gloom but arent we lucky we have a hope kind of talk and was nothing new except for one thing. There was no mention about the generation passing away. Nothing, nix, ziltch. They skipped over the scripture even! I found that quite amazing since for the longest time we have been told the generation born in 1914 wouldnt pass away before armagedon.
    Watchtower was all about living in the light. Avoid apostates was a big part of it. Simular comments were made last week. I am wondering if there isn't going to be a tightening down coming soon contrary to those that are hoping for a move to a more mainstream stance.
    Just my thoughts.
    Take care
    Nick

• joelbear
    joelbear

I agree that they will tighten, not loosen.

Joel

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Expect a tightening down, with strong emphasis placed on avoiding the internet. They won't outright ban it, of course, but maybe those real active on it will be be considered bad associations?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• lydia
    lydia

Gee......
    Does that mean we won't get any more Dubs in here that try to talk us into returning to the fold????

Ahh ....what a thought!!

Lyd

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Yep, went there. My wife kept asking me soo, well, you know... [8>]

Just LOOOOVED those scriptural miss-interpretations! My favorite was Acts 4: 12 where they apply the person being spoken about to Jehovah and not to Jesus, where he CLEARLY is being spoken about.

Oh, then there was Christ 'parousia' since 1914 and NOT since 1874.

Oh well. "La sigh"

CornerStone

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I got the same rundown from a friend's mom. Something about God's fiery day of judgement lol. Which was then followed by the WT article talking about how they all have the truth and everyone else is in darkness, along with a token warning about apostates.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these articles and talks are just old guys reliving the glory days. I guess they don't understand how nuts they must sound, even to the more liberal of those in the organization. Talk about not being able to teach an old dog new tricks.

Much remains to be seen when the more powerful and influential of the GB are out of the picture.

Path

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Everytime a dub brings up this time of the end, hit them with some little tie-in with "this generation". Lead them on, get them to almost say it. Then say, "oh yeah, new light".

Idiots.

Slipnslidemaster:"I worked very hard and I earned all the attention I'm getting."
    - Anna Kournikova

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• Moxy
    Moxy

ill prolly post a quick summary of the special talk tomorrow. the WT study was about the most bland study i can recall. i think i could pretty much some it up as:

light light light good light jehovah light jesus light bible light light appreciate light light not darkness darkness bad darkness satan darkness deceptive darkness apostate darkness bad no darkness no no no darkness light light light.

mox

• RR
    RR

Why would they mention the 1914 generation? They did away with that thought in 1995, in s study article, redefining generation.

Personally, I see total chaos reigning within the Society in the next few years. Consider that they have no REAL leadership, there is discord among many, the truth about "The Truth" is being revealed with the push of a button. There are lawsuits in the process. In foreign countries, whol congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses who feel that the Society has become babylonish have divorced themselves from the Watchtower to function independently. Even here in the USA, small groups of Witnesses are meeting in small study circles, upbuilding one another, studying teh scriptures, even partaking of the memorial outside of the Watchtower walls.

Many Witnesses who have since left have gathered together to form home study groups of their own. Consider what the apostle Paul tells us in 1 Cor. 4:5

"Final judgment must wait until the Lord comes; he will bring to light the dark secrets and expose the hidden purposes of people's minds." TEV

Yes, the time is coming when ALL shall be revealed, and the "hidden" things of the Society will be known.

• Moxy
    Moxy

some classic comments from the WT:

'some flowers even grow towards the light, so it shows that even inanimate objects like the light.'

conductor: 'so there is light and darkness. is there any other third choice?' looking for the answer 'no' of course.

conductor: 'we need to avoid satan's traps, including the internet.'

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit