Ozzie's Weekend Poll

by ozziepost 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, it's Sunday and we've done reading the Sunday papers, so thought it might be nice to poll the worldwide community on some important issues. No, it's not meant to be fluff, I'm serious in inviting opinions from ExDubs in many places, so please respond.

This week I've chosen the question especially for the large worldwide DA/DF community: What is the main reason for you not wanting to return?

Is it:

1. Stumbled by the elders' conduct toward you

2. Doubts about doctrines of the WTS

3. Doubts about WTS chronology (like 1914, etc)

4. Just doubts!

5. Found something better

6. Other (feel free to give details)

My own hunch is that the rude and arrogant attitude of some elders toward you at the time of your DA/DF was enough to keep you from ever wanting to return. Am I correct? I would really be interested in seeing responses from our worldwide 'on board' community. Yeah, OK, I do have a reason!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• gravedancer
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL @ gravedancer. Should I add 'here' to the poll?

• larc
    larc

Ozzie,

I is more than doubt. It is total disbelief in the Witness chronology/prophecies.

Other people's behavior at the KH had nothing to do with it, in my case.

• dmouse
    dmouse

6. Other

Basically the lies that they obviously tell, especially about the signs of the times.

I can't be part of a religion that twists the facts to support it's own doctrine.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

dmouse,

Am I right in assuming that Carl Olaf Jonsson's books were very influential for you?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

private research revealing a massive web of half truths and misleading insinuations, all of which were designed with one thing in mind-
    shoring up their own infallibility as "channel" to God.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Ditto to refiners fire's reasons.

Also, the startling personal insight that the WT hierarchy closely resembles that of the Roman Catholic Church they so vilify and the hypocrisy associated with that.

AND I was stumbled by the elders' callous attitude toward a seriously ill DF'd spiritual widow with two [still believing but unbaptized] children who would not condescend to visit her (in ICU, near death from kidney failure)!

AND the subsequent realization that the 'Christian love' shown by the congregation, beginning with said elders, was soooooooo superficial.

I could go on, but I'm sure others will have plenty to say.

Cheers, Ozzie & Mrs.!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• patio34
    patio34

#6: Other.

Details: The evidence is overwhelming that the Bible is written only by humans (ancient, warlike ones at that). It has numerous errors, dubious statements, and egregious war and personal crimes in it. Scientific discoveries about dinosaurs and evolution, archeology, and genetics have thoroughly debunked it. There is, of course, much more about the New Testament also, but this is just a short statement detailing "other." Thanks for asking!

P.S. Oops--sorry! I noticed this is for the "DF/DA" community and i'm just a "walkaway." But there's my reason anyway.

All intelligent people are confrontational.--HBO's Winston Churchill

• mouthy
    mouthy

I believed it all except Jesus not having a beard & him coming invisably in 1914- But when they corrected their error & said Jesus DID have a beard- I got baptised in 1963-I thought if they correct their errors they must have truth-so I still didnt believe in 1914.
    Then after over 20 years service- they said "You must believe Jesus came in 1914-or your Not a JW-"( WT April 1st 1986 pg 31 "Questions From Readers")They DF me 1987-Then I read C.ofC.Met other Ex JW -found they had more love & unconditional love -I didnt have to believe as they did
    http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit