What do you think of I-MAC?

by zombie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• rhett
    rhett

DVD burning is available on PC's as well. The Macs may put a nice pretty face and make it slightly easier but unless you're doing really high end work just about anything you can do on a Mac you can do on a PC.

• Xander
    Xander

Don't judge PCs on the Win98 OS - it was rather unstable (it was rather obviously still built on an over-extended version of DOS)

Give the XP OS a try and see if you don't find PCs more stable. There is nothing, after all, inherently WRONG with the PC architectures - the 98 OS was just really easy to screw up.

As rhett said, you can easily get a PC with a DVD-burner in it.

As to 'compact' - that's what I was talking about w/ aesthetics. You can get a compact PC - there are, in fact, PCs you can buy that are no larger than a shoebox (and not as deep). Look at the Shuttle sv25 ( http://www.spacewalker.com/english/mcs_detail_info.asp?number=165). Pair that up w/ a flat screen monitor and you will have a VERY compact PC.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• jukief
    jukief

Hi Zombie.

If you want to use your computer for editing movies, you're right. iMovie is the best software you'll find. I'm an editor for a magazine called Connected Home and for the online newsletter that supports the magazine. We do lots of reviews of multimedia stuff, and for most multimedia tasks (music, video, etc.), the Mac is by far the best product. iMovie, iPhoto, and iTunes are fabulous stuff.

I've used both Macs and PCs for years, and the Mac has always been far more stable and has a better GUI. The new OS X is really cool--way cooler than XP. And you're right about the new iMac; it's really compact. I'd want one, too, if I hadn't just bought a new iBook (which is great; I'm set up for wireless and I absolutely love it).

My two cents worth. :-)

Julie F

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit