Paradise is going to suck!

by WasOnceBlind 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind

Once you really start thinking about it, the whole paradise idea is kind of depressing. I remember growing up as kids my sister was the first to tell my parents (admittedly very courageously) that she wasn't sure she wanted to live in Paradise, it sounded boring living forever. I thought she was dumb for thinking that, I mean playing with lions!!!! Eventually thought I started thinking about it and I started to agree with her. Not only would it be boring, it would straight out be miserable. I mean think about it, with technology gone it would be a cycle of never ending manual labor. Building, farming, harvesting, making clothing from scratch, days to travel a couple hundred miles, etc. Then comes the emotional side of things that JW's never think about. For example, no one can really know who will be in paradise because only Jehovah really knows a person and only he will judge. So imagine a resurrected wife who died a loyal JW before her husband, eagerly awaiting to reunite, only to find out that he remarried after her death or that it turns out he wasn't loyal until the end. Now there she is all alone. Even worse, what if she had children and is eagerly awaiting to see them....except they all ended up not making it to paradise. Now she has no husband and no kids....but at least she will meet Moses -_-

Don't they ever stop to think about the reality of things and realize how silly this resurrecting in paradise idea is? I wouldn't want to be resurrected just to find out I'm all alone there.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Don't they ever stop to think about the reality of things and realize how silly this resurrecting in paradise idea is?

No I don't think they do think about it rationally. I remember visiting some JW relatives and the friends staying with them thought there would be no machines at all in the new system and we would all be naked. Better be careful how you swing that scythe!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Yep. Trying to reconcile the fact that most of the things that I enjoy doing create some form of pollution or involve eating animals, etc with the promise that we'd be happy in paradise often left me wondering just how lobotomized I'd have to be to live in paradise. I could never look forward to paradise and imagine myself there because it would've just been a shell of a person, not someone that I can see as being "me."
  • Lemonp
    Lemonp
    I wouldn't mind living forever. I would devote much time to singular pursuits so that I became very very good at certain things as time went on.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, if the so called current "spiritual paradise" that "we" live in now is any indication of what the literal paradise will be, then I want nothing to do with it!

• user100
    user100
    then everybody will be good at everything and life will be boring... i'd be like a homeless person just looking for some drugs... unless living forever is like a nice constant high... then i'd just roam the universe.. i guess that coudl be fun.. but must be high.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

And to boot, people have the ability to connect with animals. And who cut us off from that gift? Joke-hova, that's how. Without that thing, we would to this day be able to befriend just about any animal. This includes jaguars, tigers, crocodiles, the most "dangerous" spiders and snakes, and hornets and wasps. This is a spiritual ability that joke-hova cut us off from.

Now, that thing promises to reunite us with that gift? This time, however, it comes as a "gift" from joke-hova. And there are strings attached to it, where none were attached before. Besides, the whole thing is a come-on intended to enslave us all. You will never be able to befriend lions and tigers through joke-hova. Rather, you will expend your psychic energy helping that thing enslave us all.

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Lemonparty.org8 minutes agoI wouldn't mind living forever. I would devote much time to singular pursuits so that I became very very good at certain things as time went on.

Of course once you found the time, after the farming and clothes making and tons of other jobs were done right...
  • Mephis
    Mephis

Totalitarianism is not only hell, but all the dream of paradise-- the age-old dream of a world where everybody would live in harmony, united by a single common will and faith, without secrets from one another. - Kundera

JWs made it up as they went along when I was in. Holy Spirit substituted for science when required to create a mental image which worked for the individual. But really, if one takes what they are proposing, it's a theocratic, totalitarian state with everyone reduced to the status of drone, where thought crime becomes reality and punishable by death without appeal, and where one faces an eternity of performing on command to the whims of a malevolent psychopathic god without the prospect of parole or appeal and where death via disobedience will be the only escape. How fun.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

If it lives up to biblical description, it will be awesome. I sincerely hope, if real, I get a chance to experience it.

We imperfect humans cannot even begin to grasp the concept of eternity, but we strive for it. Why else would the industry of beauty, medicine and well being is so huge?! Life. We want as much as we can get.

The only thing I think would seriously suck is if we had to continue worshipping so much. Ideally would be fine if only a day of thanks was assigned and be done with it for the year. A Thanksgiving of sorts.

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit