awake 4-22-02 "spider masquerades as ant&q...

by Moxy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Pardus
    Pardus

This post reminds of something I could never understand. If there was no predation in the new system ("the kid will lie down with the leopard, the wolf and the lamb will reside together" - Isaiah), how would overpopulation be controlled? It was always explained "well, Jehovah will fix everything so it would work out." Would there be natural or accidental deaths of organisms only? Would everyone have to be vegetarian?

• Xander
    Xander

And, here is an even better question...what will happen to all the predators in the new system? I can't imagine lions eating grass or snakes eating dirt....just flies in the face of reason.

I mean, LOOK AT THOSE TEETH. They are good for exactly ONE thing - killing.

And, where did all the predators come from anyway? I mean, if god didn't originally intend for them to be killing each other - why did he give them sharp, pointy, teeth and no molars?

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Scully
    Scully

Xander writes:

And, here is an even better question...what will happen to all the predators in the new system? I can't imagine lions eating grass or snakes eating dirt....just flies in the face of reason.

I mean, LOOK AT THOSE TEETH. They are good for exactly ONE thing - killing.

And, where did all the predators come from anyway? I mean, if god didn't originally intend for them to be killing each other - why did he give them sharp, pointy, teeth and no molars?

Looks like the hot career choice for the New Systemâ„¢ is going to be Veterinary Denturist.

Love, Scully

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

"well, Jehovah will fix everything so it would work out"

Yes, everything will get FIXED (ouch)

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have always enjoyed the scripture from Issaiah.

And the spider and the ant will lie as one and the spider will eat grass just as the ant.

Yes, in God's new system, ants will have nothing to fear from spiders as their carnivorous nature will not be necessary on a paradise earth.

• patio34
    patio34

Heathen said:

Is there any evidence that the ants anatomy has a complex nervous system?

That's such a coincidence as PBS had a program called The Shape of Life and here's a bit from it (from their website pbs.org ):

animal movement may have started with cnidarians (pronounced "ny-DAIR-ee-ans), a group that includes corals, sea anemones, sea pens and jellyfish. All of these animals, with few exceptions, have nerves and muscles. Because cnidarians are the simplest animals to possess this complexity, their direct ancestors were very likely the first animals to bundle the power of nerves and muscles together, enabling them to move and exhibit discernible behavior.

Cnidarians are also the first animals with an actual body of definite form and shape. Most feature tentacles with stinging cells used to capture prey.

So, just from that i'd say absolutely yes to your question.

Also, not to digress too much from this, but one must consider the fierce predators from the dinosaur age, that predated humans, therefore Adam and Adam's sin. Violence and the killing fields of nature predated humans, so therefore any supposed sin of Adam did not cause the violence in nature.

All intelligent people are confrontational.--HBO's Winston Churchill

• AlanF
    AlanF

I've always had a hard time picturing a spider capturing a struggling seed in its web, or a cobra chasing a fleeing banana. Spiders fooling ants is cool.

I think that You Know is right on. "The Master of Deception" would surely be able to masquerade as "the God of truth" and "the God of love". Just like those who would emulate him appear fine and honest on the outside, but are rotten inside.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit