You can now get into debt using credit cards to donation to the JW's

by life is to short 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

"Religion is a snare and a racket!" - C T Russell.

• prologos
    prologos

Some credit cards

PAY you to use them, as much % as your bank pays on your savings.

Great if you have the dough to pay every month. faithfully.

It does your personal accounting too. monthly statements where your money went.

Credit/debit cards are business methods.

Do not pay a business that has never provided a reliable product.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Awake! December 8, 1973 issue on page 29 Awake!, under ‘Watching the World’:

Condeming churches for using credit card machines for donations

August 8, 2003 issue on page 29, under ‘Watching the World’:

Condoning the use of credit card donations at assembly halls

Good catch AndDontCallMeShirley

smiddy

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

First time i seen cc machines was while a delegate to an International CONvention in Hamburg Germany back in 2006. That was probably one more thing to add to my growing list of concerns regarding the Organization. I was removed as an elder a few months later, and completely jumped ship summer of 07. Sooooo glad I dont have to deal with that anymore. I am with Dave Ramsey... nomore cc. I get mine paid off....no more. How about,that financial AND religious freedom?

• MsD
    MsD

Honestly im shocked that they are doing this now. If you told me this like 5 years ago I would have LMAO. It's such a shame that they are going that route but then again I figure anything is possible. As if they even need that much money?! with all the cutbacks and property being sold off you'd think that they need less money. I guess that's quite the contrary....they need more!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

LITS, in other words the publishers are paying the worst kind of "Stupid Tax".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit