New Light on 1918?

by Vanderhoven7 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Is 1918 done away completely by new light?

According to the new light....

When did the first resurrection begin?

And when did Jesus reject all the churches of Christendom?

• pixel
    pixel

I would like a refresh on this too.

• Ding
    Ding

These are great questions that won't be asked at the WT study.

Rhetorical question: When will JWs wake up to the fact that these invisible happenings and changes aren't biblical but are all the product of imaginative speculation on the part of a handful of WT leaders from Russell and Rutherford down to the present GB?

• blondie
  • pixel
    pixel

Thanks Blondie!

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

And who are the"least of these my brothers" in Matthew 25 - to whom we should do good too NOW, to gain Jesus' approval? 8 men in Brooklyn? The GB have always lived in the lap of luxury. IF it refers to the REAL poor, imprisoned, hungry and naked of the world - well - do they and have they ever done anything by way of a concerted effort? No. As my jw mum , watching a pathetic little dying African child in a Save the Children ad sniffed, "Don't let it get to you, let the world turn, it has nothing to do with US". I said to an elder upon reasons for leaving the org "If Jesus was on the earth today, do you honestly think he would be in Brooklyn overseeing the printing of millions of books, or would he be in AIDS-ridden starving Africa, giving of himself to the situation there?" I believe it floored him.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

And who are the"least of these my brothers" in Matthew 25 - to whom we should do good too NOW, to gain Jesus' approval? 8 men in Brooklyn? The GB have always lived in the lap of luxury. IF it refers to the REAL poor, imprisoned, hungry and naked of the world - well - do they and have they ever done anything by way of a concerted effort? No. As my jw mum , watching a pathetic little dying African child in a Save the Children ad sniffed, "Don't let it get to you, let the world turn, it has nothing to do with US". I said to an elder upon reasons for leaving the org "If Jesus was on the earth today, do you honestly think he would be in Brooklyn overseeing the printing of millions of books, or would he be in AIDS-ridden starving Africa, giving of himself to the situation there?" I believe it floored him.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Posted twice - oops!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

abbasgretta, you have 30 minutes to edit your post by clicking on the little "pencil" icon in the upper right hand corner of your post.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Desirous: Thanks, do I just move the cursor into the message and press the red cancel? (Ashamed of my IT skills)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit