Where Does Material Success Come From - The Devil or God?

by Iown Mylife 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

How can you tell if your business successes are coming from Satan or God? Because if your work gets real busy and you miss some meetings and/or fs, is that how you tell that it's from Satan? But then if you contribute a big amount every week, is it from Jehovah? But then if your business slacks off does that mean Satan took away the success that Jehovah blessed you with? But then if you start getting back into the busy theocratic routine and then your business takes off like a rocket all of a sudden, does that mean Jehovah is blessing your Witness efforts? OR is it SATAN trying to bribe you into missing meetings?

Whichever way things were going in our lives, there was always an elder or a magazine or a public tawk telling us whatever we were doing was WRONG. Enjoying life with material success? OH BUDDY you are enjoying your paradise now and you won't live into the new System! Worrying yourself sick over business downturns? OH MAN you are being attacked by Satan, you better get straightened out with Jehovah!

Can you believe that persons of adult age and self-responsible enough to walk and chew gum could be hornswoggled into buying this load of alligator bait??!!! Well, we were!

• Simon
    Simon

I think to the WTS, the interpretation would depend on where they fit in:

• If you are doing well and they get more contributions - congratulations, Jehovah is blessing your efforts.
    • If you are doing well and you don't go to meetings and contribute - bad Satan !!

The facts remain the same, all that changes is the interpretation ...

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

hahahahahhh... Hubby and i have had this exact conversation. Over a period of 60 years I heard God and Satan credited and blamed for everything under the sun in dubland. My father was a sucessful businessman/dub who had an interesting response to those who said he was lucky. (before the word was banned in Watchtowerland) Labor Under Correct Knowledge

• Scully
    Scully

It comes from getting up off the couch and working your ass off.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Neither, they'd need to exist first.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I remember a talk where this bro said that if you were not experiencing tribulation then you should worry because why has Satan all of a sudden stopped bugging you?

So, my interpretation has to be that if you miss a previously scheduled drone up-keep (meeting) obviously you've taken a huge plunge off the deep end and you will die for lack of faith.

But, if you're able to somehow miraculously handle work, your family, your problems, and robot classes all in one week then you must undoubtedly have the support of the Lord.

Congratulations.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

lol Scully, i think you hit the nail on the head, and Sammy your summation does bring back to mind the chaos and confusion our lives were in! The stress is so huge from trying to Do It All. Several of our friends died in their 40s of illnesses which imo were caused by stress. And the stress of keeping bad family problems hidden equals suffering x infinity.

• donny
    donny

It comes from neither. Material success comes from hard work in some cases and with others it comes by way of swindling and conniving.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Scuccess comes from preperation meeting opportunity.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

80% of wealth is inherited..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit