A Lion is a Lion. A Bear, a Bear........

by Night Owl 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

A lion, a bear.

No one told them what they are. They didn't go to a class, read a book or listen to a PHD to tell them what they are.

Only a pseudo-atheist would need to have someone to tell him what he is, and he certainly would not join a religious discussion board, for there would be nothing to discuss.

Does he really need someone to tell him what he is? Does he need confirmation as to what he is?

I have know a few, very few, real atheists. It came from their heart. "What I want, when I want, with whoever I want, everything else be damned" attitude. No talk, just action.

There are no real atheists here, only the pseudo type.

NightOwl

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I don't believe an atheist answers to no one. They, like everyone else, answer to their families and communities. Hey if atheists answered to no one, they'd quickly find themselves answering to the police and the prison officers. Everyone answers to other people. It's called living in a society.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, the O.P and his next offfering, are the two dunbest posts I have seen on JWD/JWN, and boy there have been some dumb ones !

Is there any excuse for ignorant bigotry in this day and age ?

• sir82
    sir82

The OP seems to be implying that if a person claims to be an atheist, but does not spend 24/7 satisfying every conceivable carnal pleasure imaginable, then somehow he is not a "real" atheist.

Well alrighty then.

I tend to agree with the above sentiments - this is one of the loonier posts on JWN.

I'd rank it even ahead of Lars' messianic ramblings.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

There are no real atheists here, only the pseudo type

Oh really? You seem to be confusing Athiesm with being a sociopath. There are many reasons, other than a belief in God, not to indulge in "fleshly desires". In general, society makes laws due to enlightened self interest, they recognize that having (and enforcing) such laws is a benefit, whether they believe in God or not. In other areas, Athiests can choose not to overeat or overdrink, because they know it will make them unhealthy.

By the same token, theists often indulge in "fleshly desires" despite their belief in God. By your logic, this proves they actually don't believe in God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit