How do the Dubbies Handle No Soliciting Signs Now?

by laverite 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

Oh and let's not forget the importance of candy. I figure I can always buy girl scout cookies outside of shops when they do their selling. That's where we always get them anyway. I'm developing a craving for something sweet now... yet have nothing sweet to eat in the house. Damn it!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

I like Farkel's recent suggestion -- chalk body outlines on your driveway and scatter a few Watchtowers on them.

• Honesty
    Honesty

What do you have to fear from Jehovah's Witnesses?

Allow them on your property and invite them in.

Make sure you tell them that the slave was off in its chronology a few years.

Abraham, David and Moses didn't return in 1925 but they returned last week and are enjoying your backyard swimming pool

and BBQ grill.

Invite them to stay for pork ribs, potato salad and some spiritual discussions with the resurrected Hebrew prophets.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You need a No Trespassing sign to keep the witlesses away. And even that is sometimes not enough.

• not bitter
    not bitter

They ignore them. My next door neighbour has one but they still knock.

So when they do knock she now hands them a printed copy of their policy on child abuse off JW.org and tells them thats the reason she doesn't want them knocking her door.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

laverite, You say your neighborhood is worked much more than other areas of your town? You must #1 be near the KH so the dubs can start counting time sooner. or #2 be near a donut shop or #3 be near a clean public toilet or all 3.

• laverite
    laverite

Thanks for the continued feedback. We are kind of the first real neighborhood from a sort-of rural kingdom hall, so although not "near" per se, nearish. Maybe that's why. They hit on our neighborhood first!

Honesty - it's not about fearing the JWs at all. We have a very large house. I spend most of my time when at home quite a distance from the front door. The route to the front door is quite a bit of a journey, and involves stairs. It's an inconvenience to get all the way to the door to find JWs. I have let them know I know about their 100% failure rate of false prophecies and have no interest in what they have to say as they have no credibility. An occassional visit is no big deal. But it's regular, and a hassle. Also, when the door opens, the cat tries to run out, and the dog tries to escape as well. The kids are usually running around screaming, and I can't focus on them either. It's a moment of chaos that helps no one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit