Preaching work

by Kool Jo 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Hello folks:

I was just thinking...what do you think the borg would look like if they said it's no longer necessary to do the preaching work...it's voluntary? Here's what I think:

1. Some would go tru the motions just to appear 'spiritually strong'

2. Some would stop or decrease their time, because they hated it anyways

3. Some who were attracted to the JW's because of their teachings would just come along to meetings

I know that the borg would never stop the preaching work, because it makes them stand out. I just wondered "what if".

Peace

Kool Jo

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The high control religions gain members by being high control. There are people who need that in thier lives and believe it will "save" them.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Isn't it already a voluntary work?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

You are no longer a volunteer when you dedicate your whole life to God visible organization...

• jgnat
    jgnat

I estimate that 10% would continue. That's about the percentage of die-hards in any organization.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The number of pioneers would probably drop dramatically. Then again, you can never forget the factor of people wanting to put on a good show and come off as better than others.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

My parents and in-laws would be completely lost. Their whole lives are wrapped up in their scheduled days of field service. I would have broken out the bubbly and shouted "Hallelujah", myself.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think just like the tuesday group it would disappear

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

If they restored the V. D. M. (Verbi Dei Minister) honorary degree they used to issue, perhaps some would be inclined to volunteer for the badge.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Kinda playing jenga with this one. I don't know if you can pull that piece out without the whole thing collapsing. If you yanked it out quickly, it probably would, would be too shocking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit