The Watchtower blames Jehovah for its 1925 failed prophecy!

by yadda yadda 2 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yadda yadda 2
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

this guy is good, did not appreciate him enough when i was first waking but hes good.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"What a happy prospect! Though mistaken, they eagerly shared it with others". So they claim to have been mistaken. Who was mistaking or guiding them then? And what about now?

Scott77

• Ding
    Ding

Sometimes I will say to a JW, "I don't fault those men for making mistakes. I fault them for claiming to be God's channel of communication. I fault them for requiring JWs to believe everything they say."

They usually give me a deer-in-the-headlights look followed by a scowl.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Using WT's favorite tool, brackets [ ], the following sentence should be re-written:

"What a happy [delusion]! Though [ it a was a blatant false prophecy], they eagerly shared [this massive lie] with others".

WT is never at fault.

It's Jehovah's fault for giving them bad information.

It's the rank and file's fault for believing bad information.

Meanwhile, WT is just an innocent bystander.

• steve2
    steve2

I agree Snarky is very good at delivering pithy and memorable messages. He gets straight to the point - it is hard to fault his logic.

• steve2
    steve2

Ding -wow thanks for sharing such a succinctle thoughtful way to get around the "we're-only-human" excuses witnesses express when it comes to all these failed predictions. Very powerful statements: No blame for the mistakes but blame for claiming to be God's exclusive channel and demanding upon pain of being shunned the rank and file believe that which turns out to be wrong.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WT 93 12/1 p18

"17 Another faithful servant in modern times whom Jehovah God used mightily was Joseph F. Rutherford, mentioned at the outset. He was a bold advocate of Bible truth and in particular of the name of Jehovah. Though widely known as Judge Rutherford, he was at heart a humble man. For example, he once made some dogmatic statements as to what Christians could expect in 1925. When events failed to support his expectations, he humbly told the Brooklyn Bethel family that he had made a fool of himself. "

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It was all a horrible misunderstanding. He didn't say millions alive would never die...the editors and ghostwriter didn't hear him right.

He said, "Millions alive will never FLY." And it was an absolutely true prophecy that came to pass in his day. Millions back then never did fly, so don't blame it on Jehovah!

You see, the Bible says that when Jehovah comes, people will be caught up to meet him in the air. Thus, when he comes, people will fly up to meet him. But Jehovah didn't come, so millions alive didn't fly. When they didn't catch the mistake, they blamed him!

Very unfortunate.

• biometrics
    biometrics
    He said, "Millions alive will never FLY." And it was an absolutely true prophecy that came to pass in his day. Millions back then never did fly, so don't blame it on Jehovah!

You just made me spit coffee everywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit