Emotionally manipulative claptrap

by under_believer 10 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Just watched the first drama of the convention. Man what a load of simplistic, lurid, manipulative garbage.

If you have seen it you know what I mean.

Off to barf now.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Under Believer:

Sorry you had to be subjected to that. I don't know anything about you are you going to fade someday or DA or be DSFellowshipped. I hope so then you'll be free finally free. Good Luck in your journey what ever it will be.

• sd-7
    sd-7

That's one of the best thread subject lines I've seen in awhile. Made me laugh...I shall feel your pain in a couple o' weeks. I'll be sure to find this thread and post my thoughts then...

--sd-7

• paladin
    paladin

I went out to my car for the drama and our CO came out for air and saw me sitting there. We only made eye contact. I think the WT$ CO's are just company men. It's all a joke.

• stillin
    stillin

Just got home from claptrap cental, myself. My brain is turning into mush. Are you at Duluth by any chance? Maybe we could figure out some way to have a laugh together.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm assuming it was this drama:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/255045/1/2013-Drama-Show-Yourself-Attentive

Were the post-Armageddon characters naked as they are supposed to be in "earthly paradise"?

Did anybody in the audience cheer when they heard that the daughter with the annoying voice was "written out" of the script?

• stillin
    stillin

Sorry Billy, they all had some clothes on.

But the daughter's voice was horrific!

• under_believer
    under_believer

Thanks for the replies, I needed them.

Let's see:

I successfully faded lo these many years ago, but I still go to DC and Memorial to support my wife who is still in. The compromises we make!

I am in Portland, OR. Otherwise I would love to meet up. Nice to know that others are suffering too. ;)

No, nobody was naked. They were wearing 21st century street clothes. Oddly they all spoke English, some with Middle Eastern accents.

And no, nobody cheered when that girl who sounded like a mentally retarded version of Violet from The Incredibles died. My wife actually cried. We have a daughter about that age so maybe she identified.

I still don't get the point of that drama. I have a lot of criticism for the dramas in general but this one set a new low point for bad writing. It was just all over the place; no plot, weak theming, confusing flashbacks and flash forwards. Was the message "life sucks and it's not God's fault?" In the end that was all I could come up with.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

"You went out to your car"... Haha - At our last special ass day we went, by this point totally off the wt "radar", to our car, drank, albeit 2.1%, lager and watched an AC/DC Concert, Live at the River Plate for 2 hours. Mentally free that day, body and soul followed a couple of weeks later.

• losingit
    losingit

Heysd7, have you gone to your DC yet? I always appreciate your posts.

- losing it (but not so much anymore)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit