This organization is diferent than most

by biometrics 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

“This organization is diferent than most, in the sense that we don’t take directions from the outside world. It’s like a galaxy. The sun is in the center giving of energy, and everything revolves around it.” - Prince

Prince has always refused any label the world wants to slap on him. A devout Jehovah’s Witness since 2001, he writes music that is explicit about both Jesus and sexual desire.

http://www.vmagazine.com/site/content/1262/everlasting-now

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Lol...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    “This organization is diferent than most, in the sense that we don’t take directions from the outside world."

--

Which explains why WT refuses to comply with laws regarding pedophilia. They simply will not be 'bullied' by the "worldly" justice system that requires WT does the right, decent and moral thing when it comes to protecting children and exposing criminals.

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

It’s like a galaxy. The sun is in the center giving of energy, and everything revolves around it.

Poor Geography and Astronomy, that's what you get for being a JW . . . the Sun the centre and energy giver of the galaxy?! Poor Prince, Prince of JWdunce, err JWdoms!!

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

Indeed it is! No other "Christian" faith-based movement have denied the Christ´s authority

as much as the leadership of Jehovas Witnesses. Since Jesus recieved all authority in heaven and on earth after his resurrection I think

"Jesus witnesses" would be more in line with the religion of Jesus and the teachings of Paul, not a religion about him as promoted by the GB.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AndDontCallMeShirley - "Which explains why WT refuses to comply with laws regarding pedophilia. They simply will not be 'bullied' by the 'worldly' justice system that requires WT does the right, decent and moral thing when it comes to protecting children and exposing criminals."

Yeah, I can't shake the feeling that at this point (after alternative service, transplants, and blood fractions, etc.), they're "drawing a line in the sand and damn the consequences", and it's dictating virtually every related policy decision they make now...

...if that's the case, though, they've picked the absolute worst thing to refuse budging on.

Sorry if I went off-topic.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Prince has always refused any label the world wants to slap on him."

By being a JW, the world slaps a label on Watchtower. JWs are considered eccentric and bizarre. Many nonJWs that I've talked to immediately think of Michael Jackson and his family, the Williams Sisters, and Prince. These people are oblivious to the armies of "normal" JWs sent D2D in favor of these JW celebrities.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've always felt that celebrity JWs were one of the worst things that could happen to the WTS (or one of the best, depending on your POV...).

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Context helps. The "organization" he's speaking of is his musical organization that's required for touring and recording.

Note to Prince: the sun is not at the center of the galaxy.

• pixel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit