Is death the end?

by kevin221 14 Replies latest jw friends

• kevin221
    kevin221

Hello again to all. Sorry it's been some time since I posted but I was busy rearranging my life.

Just wondering what the general consensus is among posters on this board to this question, is death the end of existance, or a portal to a new reality?

My 2 cents, death is only the beginning of a new reality. I would give examples but some here would think I've totally gone into mental warp drive if I did, so let's just leave it be.

Thanks for your imput.

Kevin

• Amazing
    Amazing

As a Catholic, I believed I was going to heaven.

As a JW, I knew I was going to heaven.

As a not-anyting-religious, I don't know for sure, but I hope that I am going to heaven, or at least not hell.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

What amazing said...

• Satanus
    Satanus

I theorise that earth humanism is a developmental experience that only a small portion of the spirit world choose to undergo for fun and learning. Learning is accelerated because of the multiple facets of earthlife that need to be learned and mastered to stay alive and to have a decent environment. But, i could be wrong.

SS

• think41self
    think41self

((((Kevin))))

Nice to see you, hope you're doing well.

I think we are creatures of energy, and energy cannot die, it changes form or is absorbed into something else, whatever. But you cannot kill energy. Therefore, I guess I do plan on living forever!

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• COMF
    COMF

I figure this is all we get.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I believe this is just part of my soul's journey and it will continue once my body is done...

• Undecided
    Undecided

There is no evidence of anything more than life as we know it. Thinking there is life after death is probably fantasizing, but I can't prove it. If we have some spirit that lives on, when did we get it, right after sex or later? When a baby is produced, who gives it it's soul, the mother or father? What about a test tube fertilization? All I can say is you better enjoy today for tomorrow we die.

Ken P.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

William Shakespeare said it best:

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
    As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
    Are melted into air, into thin air:
    And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
    The cloud-capp’d towers, the gorgeous palaces,
    The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
    Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
    And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
    Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Part Five: The Single Hound by Emily Dickinson

THIS quiet Dust was Gentlemen and Ladies,
    And Lads and Girls;
    Was laughter and ability and sighing,
    And frocks and curls.
    This passive place a Summer’s nimble mansion,
    Where Bloom and Bees
    Fulfilled their Oriental Circuit,
    Then ceased like these.

Will

• TR
    TR

Just like animals, we'll be squirmin' wit 'd maggots.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit