Search results filtering on new.com site

by besty 5 Replies latest forum suggestions

• besty
    besty

simon - great job on .com - love the new functionality and look/feel

one suggestion on search results would be to implement as much post-results filtering as possible

eg content relevance, post count, recency, and any future ratings systems for thread value

sure you have this in hand!

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I'm planning on a 'faceted' search (in the empty space on the right) where you'll be able to select or de-select years, subject areas and filter by poster etc...

Possibly clustered results too so if you searched for 'governing body' it would give you different themese such as 'members', 'history', 'rules' etc...

Thanks for noticing !

Also the search powers the 'related topics' that appear on each topic view. Sometimes it does a great job, other times not so much ... does the tweaking and tuning never end? LOL

• cantleave
    cantleave

Simon - Only one "l" in tolerant! (I know I should be the last person to criticise spelling)

• Simon
    Simon
    Only one "l" in tolerant

uh? I'm confused ...

• besty
    besty
    uh? I'm confused ...

think he is referring to the "are you people the watchtower" box on home page

not very tolerant of cantleave to point that out :-)

• Simon
    Simon

Oh ... ha, that went straight over my head.

That's just rough placeholder programmer text but yeah, I should maybe spell check it.

Thanks for the heads up !

Oh and BTW, you can 'close' the box (top-right X) so it doesn't appear every time. I'll also make it disappear if you sign in (the ads don't show if you do already).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit