David Splane in Calgary Alberta July 1st for special talk

by hoser 20 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

You think that the insurance co. would be well enough informed?.. not to pay for labour costs?

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Might be at Jubilee Auditorium(?).

I doubt that it will be 'right where the flooding was'... that would put it at the Bowness Kingdom Hall. Even by JW standards that one is small and depressing.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Harrymac- Do you know anyone who will be there today? Punkofnice-post guideline 4 (condoning illegal activity)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

You'll never see one on the street. Don't these guys travel VIP?

• HarryMac
    HarryMac
    The Quiet One - Harrymac- Do you know anyone who will be there today?

No, not really anybody that I'm on speaking terms with that would care to talk to me about it.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

When will he finally give up and STOP combing over those 3 strands of hair???

• jgnat
    jgnat

zeb, here's how the insurance scam works. The WTS arranges volunteers to help in the cleanup, and uses donated materials as well. It of course, accepts donations from the "brothers and sisters" towards this work. I've noted also that members are instructed NOT to specify how the money is to be used. That way surplus funds can be redirected to other activities.

The insurance company pays a lump sum to the flood victim, no receipts required. The WTS asks the householder to sign the cheque over to them.

I'm not sure this flood will be fully insured. Sewer backup perhaps - but wave of water taking out the foundation and sweeping through the front door? "Act of God".

• hoser
    hoser

The feds and the province have already pledged disaster money for the rebuild.

The kingdom halls have been paying to the branch for insurance for years

The Canadian branch is sitting with between 80 to 100 million dollars in their bank accounts

they don't need my money

well thats what I told my wife when she asked if I was going to put in a contribution

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's one of those Assembly Halls in the NE (not affected by flood) with multiple KH's meeting at once with modular walls to make it a larger meeting space. If I was a betting girl Splane will be speakng there.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

He'll do his David and Goliath talk - you can find it on the net. It is a good talk, he is a good speaker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit