If you were to share TTATT what would you say?

by Crazyguy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm thinking of sharing some TTATT with my kids especially the older two 12 and 14, but not sure what to say or what parts of TTATT to share. I think all of it would be to much so would like some ideas that may help get into their heads, please.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Ask them if the struggle with understanding JW doctrines. Let them know it is ok to have doubts because you have doubts.

Here is one if all the angels rejoiced over Jesus birth, how much do you think they wil rejoice over your birthdays? I doubt that birthdays are wrong. Fome now on I will rejoice at your birthdays.

• prologos
    prologos

Take any mis-application of scripture by wt for example Math 25 sheep goates judgement

"You have done to the LEAST of my brothers" not Pope, GB, right? little ones. or

" no man knows the hour" how come there are printed dates? and ask

as a task for them to PRACTISE or to REFUTE such " objections"

in H2H or school discussion.

you are suppose to practise before you preach, not only

preach what you practise.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Ask questions, let them come to their own conclusions.

If you have a family study, you could ask them to research (via the internet) how much earthquakes have increased, they will find out that it is not as clear cut as they Watchtower claims. Don't confront their beliefs, they are already conditioned enough to resist that. If they aren't up to that, just research things that are on their level. There are a lot of areas where the WTBTS has manipulated the facts. You could ask them to research the history of the org. They have rewritten their own history. Tell them you want them to research on the internet to make it more challenging.

• QC
    QC

You should focus on the Bible itself. Teach the fine examples of great character.

Also, teach them how to use Greek and Hebrew root meanings to get a sharper understanding of the Bible.

Emphasize the Bible, deemphasize organization.

Next is teach them how to tabernacle with God, be in his company.

This way they will learn to be spiritually self-sufficient, not reliant on personalities or organizational social constructs designed for control and manipulation.

Individually we are saved, not by organization membership. Think of organizational learning is like school learning, you get fundamentals and breath of knowlege. But your real learning come for how you apply knowledge in the real world, on the job and inneracting with others in various ways.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

The Devil needs somebody on his side, and Daddy is that man!

It's more of a long game strategy.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

You don't need to "share" anything.

Simply be a real dad, by that I mean quit meetings (if you haven't already), and serve us, and start being a normal dad. That means taking them to do stuff on weekends, helping them with school work, and an all around fun guy. They will quickly notice and enjoy "normalcy" around you, and will be drawn to it.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

How about researching with them the physics needed to create a global flood? Not trolling, serious. The WT still teaches the flood story as fact. They even still teach the water canopy thing as fact! Like shooting fish in a barrel.

I know you want to 'lead them to Christ' or whatever.. So *christian hat on* how about asking them about how they truly feel about all of the obligations involved with being a JW? You could share that you find it a drag sometimes. You could contrast the "gotta get to all the meetings and out in service enough so that god might not kill us" attitude in Jw land. Ask if they feel they have to earn their salvation? Then contrast that with Romans and Ephesians where Paul makes a generous effort to explain that the ransom was sufficient, nothing could be added to it. Nothing they can do can have an effect on whether they benefit from the ransom, whatever that means to you. When was leaving that was a big help. *christian hat off*

Are they involved in any extra curriculars? Would they like to be? Playing sports or something can be a good distraction. Plus the added benefits of more non-Dub friends and some missed meetings for games and practice. If you just drop the bomb on them they might feel lost without something else to focus on.

Your kids will be able to sense the changes in you immediately. Make sure they like the changes they see in dad, be cool dad. Even though you're a Fundie lol

• prologos
    prologos

Your kids will do the opposite you do, its nature's way to stretch their wings. so

If you play the organisation spiel well, they will tend toward APOSTACY wow.

Rebels WITH a cause.

If you are an overt opposer, they will stick with WT BtS.

so without dishonesty, play your cards well.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Crazyguy, I would not share TTATT with your kids until they ask for your opinion about the WTBTS. After they ask, I would ask them simple questions and show them how to find answers independently from WTBTS propaganda.

Instead of sharing TTATT, I would plan fun outings with them and ask them what they think and feel about anything non-JW, I would encourage them to make play dates with non-JWs and do sleepovers with non-JW families that I knew well, I would help them to learn how to critically think for themselves and to encourage them to learn how to use the internet to research school papers, I would encourage them to be curious and skeptical, and I would not debate WTBTS doctrine with them.

If you want to prepare for the future if they become baptized, I would recommend reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visiting his website at www.freedomofmind.com, and watching videos on his website.

Best of wishes to help your children to critically think for themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit